Quick RNLI Fundraiser
A friend is having a clear out of his yacht and has asked if I would find a new home for some spare wet weather gear. I’m taking the opportunity to raise a few pounds for the Club’s charity of choice: the RNLI.
On offer are a Gill Coast Jacket and Trousers (both Medium size) that have been hardly used and are in excellent condition. Unlike this year’s model, these are unisex so suitable for all.
The RRP of both items was around £300, so a bargain could be had here!
The technical specs of the jacket are:
- Rollaway fluorescent hood with volume adjustment for improved fit
- High cut thermal collar provides warmth and comfort with faceguard for protection
- Adjustable cuffs with PU inner seals for watertight comfort
- 2-way zipper protected by a double front storm guard
- Fleece lined hand warmer pockets
- Large capacity cargo pockets with drainage
- Life jacket attachment facility
- High visibility Reflexite® reflectives
- Adjustable shock cord hem
- 2 Dot™, 2 layer coated fabric with a durable water repellent finish
- Fully taped seams for a waterproof seal
- Non-absorbent and quick-drying lining
If you’re interested in acquiring these items, they are being auctioned individually. Please submit your bids via email to me at the usual address, stating your maximum bid for each item. Starting prices are £20 for the jacket and £10 for the trousers. I will raise the prices in increments of £5, up to the highest bidder. In the event two people have the same highest bid, the earliest dated email wins. Closing date for bid emails is 11:59pm on the 31st August. The winning bidder(s) is responsible for paying postage, if required, at cost.
Please note: Bids will only be raised by £5 above the second highest bidder, so please make sure you send your absolute highest bid from the outset! For example if someone else bids £30 and you bid £50, your winning bid would be £35.