Hi <<First Name>>.
Hope you are doing well.
A few upcoming events that may be of interest:
First, today, Tuesday, April 7th, at 4:50 PM, Mikie Sherrill is holding a telephone town hall to talk about Coronavirus response efforts in NJ and to take questions. You can register here or livestream it here.
Second, we will have our usual weekly check-in on Saturday at 2:30 PM on Zoom. Please pass on the information to anyone in the community who might be interested. You can join the meeting by clicking this link: https://zoom.us/j/893699770 or by calling 646-558-8656 and inputting the meeting ID 893 699 770. Let us know if you need help joining.
We will also be having our usual monthly meeting on Thursday, April 16th, at 7:30 PM. We will send Zoom details as the date gets closer.
The Madison High School Democrats of America are having weekly meetings over Zoom on Thursdays at 5 PM. If you are or know a high schooler who is looking for ways to get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Finally, the Morris County Democratic Committee is having its annual Spring Brunch on Saturday, April 18th, at 10 AM. Mikie Sherrill will be joining. There will be an option to order breakfast from a local restaurant, and ten percent of the proceeds of the brunch will be going to a local charity. More details will be sent soon.
Vote by Mail
April 8 - Deadline for Change of Party Affiliation Declaration Forms for Primary Election. If you want to change your party you must fill out this form. Note that if you are unaffiliated you do not need to fill this out and can instead declare your party when you vote.
Many people have been asking about how to apply to vote by mail during these uncertain times. While it is possible dates might change, right now the deadlines are:
May 12 - Voter Registration Deadline for Primary Election
May 26 - Deadline to apply for a Mail-In Ballot by Mail for Primary Election
June 2 - Primary Election
To register, you must print the vote by mail application
, fill it out, and mail it in. If you need assistance or for someone to bring you an application, please email us at email@example.com.
The application is here
and instructions are here
Harding Township Information
- For local developments, please sign up for the Harding Township Civic Association (HTCA) emails if you haven't already. You can do that at the bottom of their website here.
- Important announcements and links are on the Harding Township website here and on their coronavirus page here.
- You can sign up for emergency notifications from the AlertHarding Smart 911 system here.
Below are some updated links and information that we hope will be of use. New information is at the top.
Ways to Help
- If you feel the need for help or want to speak with someone, NJ Mental Health Cares offers a free helpline: 866-202-4357. Young people between the ages of 10-24 can call or text 2NDFLOOR at anytime: 888-222-2228.
- NJ has set up a jobs site for people looking for immediate work here. Employers can submit information about openings here.
- Our congresswoman Mikie Sherrill has a coronavirus information page here. There is a lot of good NJ-specific information on her site, including an FAQ about the recently passed Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
- Morris County now has a drive-through testing site. To be tested you must have symptoms, a prescription, and an appointment. More information is here.
- The New Jersey Department of Health has a "COVID-19" dashboard available here. The dashboard tracks positive cases in NJ by county.
- Morris County has a coronavirus page here.
- Information about our local hospitals and about how to help them is at the Atlantic Health Systems website here.
- A NJ hotline has been set up to answer questions and concerns. The numbers are 1-800-222-1222 and 1-800-962-1253.
- Text NJCOVID to 898211 for updates. If you need live assistance, you can text your zip code to 898211.
- You can watch all of Governor Murphy's daily COVID-19 briefings here, and see transcripts here.
- Finally, unless you are doing something essential, please stay home.
We have heard from many of you who are looking for ways to help. There are a few rounded up below.
- For healthcare professionals, there is a statewide call for volunteers. You can sign up here.
- We are organizing a May blood drive with the Red Cross. Please let us know if you would like to help.
- We are discussing a few other ideas for fundraising and donations, including a food drive and a fundraiser to send meals to frontline workers. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping with these efforts.
- Food pantries need donations. More information here:
- Call or email Elizabeth Sovolos to request assistance with errands or groceries, or to volunteer to help. Email email@example.com or call or text 862-246-7648.
- You can fill out a form to volunteer for the Morris County Medical Reserve Corps here.
- Tammy Murphy, the First Lady of New Jersey, has launched a Pandemic Relief Fund. To find out more or donate go here.
- The Harding Police Department, First Aid Squad, and Fire Company need masks, face shields, gowns, and booties. If you have any supplies, you can call (917) 838-3332 or contact the Harding Police Department to arrange for your donation to be picked up.
- NJ 11th for Change has a new team called "Operation Facemask." They are coordinating making fabric face masks. If you can sew and have interest you can find out more at this Facebook post. You can also contact Amanda Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want advice on sewing them.
- Fundraising is likely to be very difficult for most organizations this year, and there are many at-risk groups who are going to be disproportionately impacted by the effects of this pandemic. Consider donating now to the causes you were already planning to support so that they are able to continue their operations.
- Finally, local restaurants can use your support. They are mostly still open for pickup. The Country Fox Cafe, The Minuteman Smokehouse and Grill, The Green Village Deli (973-377-1709), and The Country Store are all local options open for ordering or buying gift cards. The Country Fox Cafe also has a fundraiser you can contribute to here.
Please don't hesitate to be in touch. We are also happy to share information through this email or on our Facebook page. Feel free to post on our Facebook page as well. We will continue to send updates and links as new developments arise. People can sign up for this email by going to our website.
We hope to talk to you soon.