Hi <<First Name>>.
Good morning. Thank you to everyone who joined our call yesterday.
We've decided to have a weekly Zoom meeting on Saturdays at 2:30 PM so we can all check in with each other. Please pass on the information to anyone in the community who might be interested. The meeting will always be at this link: https://zoom.us/j/893699770 or by calling 646-558-8656 and inputting the meeting ID 893 699 770.
We will continue to send updates and links as new developments arise. Please feel free to forward this email to anyone who might find it useful, or let people know they can sign up to receive it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or going to our website.
Yesterday (Saturday, March 21st) Governor Murphy announced a statewide stay at home order and closure of all non-essential businesses. You can read the press release here and read a summary of the two executive orders here.
The key points are that all New Jersey residents must stay home unless they are doing something essential, which includes buying groceries, getting food from restaurants, seeking medical attention, and engaging in outdoor activities (with appropriate social distancing).
All non-essential brick and mortar businesses are closed. Essential businesses include grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations, banks, laundromats, pet stores, liquor stores, and stores that sell supplies for children under 5. Again, please read the press release and executive orders for all of the details.
We know many of you are eager to stay busy and help during this time. If you are interested in joining with us to provide assistance in some way, please let us know. We are currently exploring options to help the Red Cross, the Harding Township Civic Association, and the First Aid Squad.
We know that the Harding Police Department, First Aid Squad, and Fire Company urgently need masks, face shields, gowns, and booties. If you have any supplies, you can call (917) 838-3332 or contact the Harding Police Department to arrange for your donation to be picked up.
You can still call or email Elizabeth Sovolos to request assistance with errands or groceries, or to volunteer to help. Email email@example.com or call or text 862-246-7648.
Restaurants in our area are mostly still open for pickup. The Country Fox Cafe, The Minuteman Smokehouse and Grill, The Green Village Deli (973-377-1709), and The Country Store are all local options you can support during this time by ordering or buying gift cards.
Finally, there is a real need for people to foster or adopt pets. St Hubert's in Madison is offering curbside pickup for foster animals. You can learn more about their foster program here.
Harding Township Information
For local developments, we continue to encourage you to sign up for the Harding Township Civic Association (HTCA) emails if you haven't already. You can do that at the bottom of their website here. You can also see announcements on the Harding Township website here.
Note that while parks are still open for use, all facilities including playgrounds are closed. Please practice social distancing if you choose to go.
Below are some links and information that we hope will be of use. Please forward this on to anyone who might need it
Please don't hesitate to be in touch. We are also happy to share any information through this email or on our Facebook page. We hope to hear from you soon.
- The New Jersey Department of Health has a "COVID-19" dashboard available here. The dashboard tracks positive cases in NJ by county.
- The Harding Township website has a coronavirus page here.
- A NJ hotline has been set up to answer questions and concerns. The numbers are 1-800-222-1222 and 1-800-962-1253.
- Text NJCOVID to 898211 for updates. If you need live assistance, you can text your zip code to 898211.
- You can watch all of Governor Murphy's daily COVID-19 briefings here, and see transcripts here.
- Here is a link to the talk we emailed about on Monday: Drew's Brianne Barker - Coronavirus Biology: Separating Fact from Fiction.
- Unless you are doing something essential, please stay home. If you must go out, practice social distancing (keeping at least 6 feet away from others). Even if you are staying home, continue to follow the advice to:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water, as often as possible
- Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, mouth, and nose
- Clean frequently touched surfaces
Harding Township Democratic Committee