Hi <<First Name>>.
A reminder that our weekly check-in meeting is today (Saturday) at 2:30 PM on Zoom. Please pass on the information to anyone in the community who might be interested. You can join the meeting by clicking this link: https://zoom.us/j/893699770 or by calling 646-558-8656 and inputting the meeting ID 893 699 770. Let us know if you need help joining.
Harding Township Information
- For local developments, please sign up for the Harding Township Civic Association (HTCA) emails if you haven't already. You can do that at the bottom of their website here.
- Important announcements and links are on the Harding Township website here and on their coronavirus page here.
- You can sign up for emergency notifications from the AlertHarding Smart 911 system here.
Below are some updated links and information that we hope will be of use. New information is at the top.
Ways to Help
- NJ has set up a jobs site for people looking for immediate work here. Employers can submit information about openings here.
- Our congresswoman Mikie Sherrill has a coronavirus information page here. There is a lot of good NJ-specific information on her site, including an FAQ about the recently passed Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
- Morris County now has a drive-through testing site. To be tested you must have symptoms, a prescription, and an appointment. More information is here.
- The New Jersey Department of Health has a "COVID-19" dashboard available here. The dashboard tracks positive cases in NJ by county.
- Morris County has a coronavirus page here.
- Information about our local hospitals and about how to help them is at the Atlantic Health Systems website here.
- A NJ hotline has been set up to answer questions and concerns. The numbers are 1-800-222-1222 and 1-800-962-1253.
- Text NJCOVID to 898211 for updates. If you need live assistance, you can text your zip code to 898211.
- You can watch all of Governor Murphy's daily COVID-19 briefings here, and see transcripts here.
- Finally, unless you are doing something essential, please stay home.
We have heard from many of you who are looking for ways to help. There are a few rounded up below.
- For healthcare professionals, there is a statewide call for volunteers. You can sign up here.
- We are organizing a May blood drive with the Red Cross. Please let us know if you would like to help.
- We are discussing a few other ideas for fundraising and donations. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping with these efforts.
- Food pantries need donations. More information here:
- Call or email Elizabeth Sovolos to request assistance with errands or groceries, or to volunteer to help. Email email@example.com or call or text 862-246-7648.
- You can fill out a form to volunteer for the Morris County Medical Reserve Corps here.
- Tammy Murphy, the First Lady of New Jersey, has launched a Pandemic Relief Fund. To find out more or donate go here.
- The Harding Police Department, First Aid Squad, and Fire Company need masks, face shields, gowns, and booties. If you have any supplies, you can call (917) 838-3332 or contact the Harding Police Department to arrange for your donation to be picked up.
- NJ 11th for Change has a new team called "Operation Facemask." They are coordinating making fabric face masks. If you can sew and have interest you can find out more at this Facebook post. You can also contact Amanda Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want advice on sewing them.
- Fundraising is likely to be very difficult for most organizations this year, and there are many at-risk groups who are going to be disproportionately impacted by the effects of this pandemic. Consider donating now to the causes you were already planning to support so that they are able to continue their operations.
- Finally, local restaurants can use your support. They are mostly still open for pickup. The Country Fox Cafe, The Minuteman Smokehouse and Grill, The Green Village Deli (973-377-1709), and The Country Store are all local options open for ordering or buying gift cards. The Country Fox Cafe also has a fundraiser you can contribute to here.
Please don't hesitate to be in touch. We are also happy to share information through this email or on our Facebook page. Feel free to post on our Facebook page as well. We will continue to send updates and links as new developments arise. People can sign up for this email by going to our website.
We hope to talk to you soon.
Harding Township Democratic Committee