As you may have noticed, crews paved the south half of Nickerson St between Etruria St and 3rd Ave W (Zone A) last Thursday. To take advantage of predicted dry weather, crews plan to pave the north half of Zone A tonight, Monday, October 30, beginning at 8 PM.
This work is highly weather dependent and may be postponed to a subsequent evening if the weather is wetter than predicted. To perform this work at night, which may be noisy, the contractor obtained a noise variance permit from the Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections.
What to expect for tonight’s paving work:
Remaining work in Zone A and Zone B
- Paving to start as early as 8 PM tonight Monday, October 30, through 6 AM tomorrow Tuesday, October 31.
- 24-hour parking restrictions will continue to provide crews sufficient space to complete work; please adhere to the “No Parking” signs to avoid being towed
- Temporary access restrictions to driveways and side streets lasting up to 2 hours; please use alternate routes
- Construction noise, dust, and vibration from equipment such as pavement rollers
- 1 lane of traffic to be open in each direction
As we did in Zone B, we'll first install temporary striping in Zone A while the new asphalt cures. During that time, the current traffic control will remain in place. We’ll return at a later date to add the permanent striping in both Zone A and Zone B which will require both lane and parking restrictions. Crews will also continue repairing sidewalks and curbs on Nickerson St in Zone A.
Questions or concerns?
Please forward this email to others you think may be interested, or share this link to sign up for construction email updates.
- Contact us directly at (206) 256-5252 or NickersonPaving@seattle.gov
- For urgent concerns during tonight's work, please call the phone number listed above
- Visit our webpage to learn more about the project
Thanks for your patience and support while we complete this project. We’ll work to minimize construction impacts as much as possible.
-Nickerson Paving Project Team