|A Letter From Our Executive Director Olivia Bossert
If you're like me, you may have had days in 2020 where you couldn't believe the year would ever end. Ever.
But if you're also like me, you may be having a hard time it went by as quickly as it did! In fact, we're sort of surprised January of 2021 is already over and here we are in February! January let us look back at 2020, though, and we are simply amazed at what we did in 2020.
COVID-19 didn't stop the women and families in our community from needing us, and it didn't stop us from meeting their needs. In fact, because of YOUR support--your faithful prayers and financial donations--we have been able to meet needs in a way that really blows our mind, if honest.
For instance...in 2020, we:
- We had to temporarily close our Leonardtown and Calvert offices for most of 2020 due to limited staffing and COVID-19 limitations. Additionally, we had to restrict the hours at our main office in Lexington Park. Despite this, we still ministered to 75% of the total number of clients as we did in 2019!
- We saw more new clients (those who have never been to one of our Centers); almost as many as we did in 2019!
- Despite being closed to 30% capacity, we presented the Gospel to 91% of the total people we saw in 2019.
- We saw an 84% increase in women seeking post-abortion support.
- We had a 26% increase in STI testing.
- Despite our limited availability, we still completed 75% as many ultrasounds as we did in 2019, with 89% of our mothers choosing to carry to term!
God is on the move here in Southern Maryland! Mothers are finding us and choosing life and we know now is not the time to be passive. We are thankful for your engagement and your involvement for those who've no voice...no vote...no say. We seek to speak on behalf of these innocents and spread the TRUTH to their mothers and fathers and it's because of you that we can. Thank you so much.
May God’s abundance and favor be yours today and throughout this year!
For His Glory,
Care Net Pregnancy Center of Southern Maryland