Copy

"How to Exhibit"
 for the Blue Angel Foundation 
as part of the Tamworth Camera Club Exhibition



TIMELINE FOR SUBMITTING YOUR WORK...


NLT Monday 12th August 2018- Email Digby a word document containing your photograph details for the exhibition catalogue. Email: mail@ufocus.net

Sunday 19th August 2018 - Your images must be ready to hang.  We will email you with a date and time to deliver your photographs. 

SUBMITTING YOUR WORK...

There is no limit on the amount of images you can exhibit. Most people will usually supply between 1-5 photographs. 

Each work needs to be at a minimum standard, that is matted and have a backing board of either mat board or foam core to protect the photo.

The photo can be framed or printed on other mediums, such as canvas, glass, steel etc. 

There is no size restrictions and work can be submitted as a series.

Your work can be "For Sale."  Any work that is sold, the owner will receive 80% of the sales price with the other 20% donated to the Blue Angel Foundation.  Please ensure that you include the 20% donation as part of your final price.

SUBMITTING YOUR IMAGE DETAILS FOR THE CATALOGUE

You will need to email your Image details NLT Monday 12th August 2018.  This information needs to be added to a word document and emailed to Digby.  Email:  mail@ufocus.net.

A copy of each image submitted needs to be pasted into a word document and the following information about the photograph needs to be added:

Title:
Medium:
Image Size:
Photographer:
For Sale: 
Remarks:

Notes:
1.   Please use capitals and lower case letters only as indicated in the above example.
2.   Title: Your work can be "Untitled or  have a title, for example - The secret garden.
3.   Medium: This is how the image is presented and printed. For example: Digital Image, Matted - Digital Image, Framed - Aluminium Print - Icemount - Canvas - Gelatin Silver Traditional Print.
4.   Image Size: This is the size of the printed area of the photograph in CM or Inches. It does not include the any matting or framing.
5.  Photographer: This is the name of the person who owns the copyright.  You can also credit a retoucher if one was used.
6.   For Sale: This is the final price you want to sell the image. It final price must take into account 
the 20% donation that will be donated to the Blue Angel Foundation. Images can also be list as  "Not for Sale"
7.   Remarks: There is no need for any remarks.  If you do want to add some, it could included any of the following:
a.   Where the image was taken,
b.   A short story about the image,
c.   The process used,
d.   The year created, or
e.   If additional copies are available on request.
8.   Image: Paste your photo into the word document, so it is the full width of the A4 page.

Below is an example from last years catalogue.

PREPARING YOUR WORK...

You have a number of options when it comes preparing your photos for the exhibition. These are as follows:

1.   Printing: You can print your own photographs or get it printed at a photolab.
2.  Matting & Framing: You can cut your own mats or build your own frames. You can use a picture framer or send your image away to be mounted or printed on a particular medium like canvas or as an ice mount.
3.   Some Company's offer a discount from time to time on printing or mounting images on a particular mediums. Just ensure you sent your image away allowing enough time so that it will be back by the 19th August.

 

PRICING YOUR WORK...

Its up to you to decide your final price for your work.  It is always good to show your photograph to others and get their option of what is a good sale price.  

A good starting point is work out your production costs, double it, then add 20% for the commision.  You need to be comfortable with the final price, but don't under sell yourself. You be surprised what others will pay if they really love your work.  

Size does matter.  The bigger the image, the more you can ask.  Work that is ready to hang is also attractive to buyers.  Series of similar images work well.  If you only mat your work, make the overall matted size similar to common frame sizes.

At the end of the day, people want easy.  Take it home and hang it or put in a frame and the job is done..

If you need a hand with pricing and someone to talk too, then grab a club committee member and have a chat.

 

IN CONCLUSION

This is a great opportunity to showcase your talent as a photographer and make a few dollars whilst helping the camera club to support a great charity. 

We look forward to seeing your photographs on the wall as part of the Blue Angel Foundation Exhibition.



 
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.






This email was sent to <<Email Address>>
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Tamworth Camera Club · c/- West Diggers · Kable Ave · Tamworth, NSW 23490 · Australia

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp