First, let me give you an update on our plans to reopen the facilities. We have almost finished our required plan, for both our Forbes Drive and Main Street facilities. We have arrows on the floor, signage and room capacities determined. All staff, our summer students and people recording for Sunday services are working from RiverCross Church. The North End Foodbank and a few volunteers continue to offer some basic services from RiverCross Mission. Most of our meetings with other people continue online, but we are starting to reintroduce people to the building, as they are comfortable. As people are reintroduced the building, there are new protocols in place that everyone must abide by. Our plan is to start slowly so we can provide a safe environment for staff and volunteers.
A reminder of our plans to say Thank you to Pastor Matt and his family. We are working to provide two events for the same day, Monday June 22nd.
- Drive Through Thank you, (Monday June 22nd, 6-8pm). We are inviting you, to drive up to our Forbes Drive facility, and drive through the roundabout where Matt and his family will greet you. We will ask you to stay in your car, but you can roll down your window and offer a word of thanks and blessing. We will have a basket for cards and we would encourage you to bring a love offering for Pastor Matt.
- Appreciation video. We will broadcast an appreciation video including words of thanks from leadership and people Pastor Matt worked most closely with. This video will also include words from Pastor Matt. This video will be broadcast on our church’s YouTube page at 6pm on Monday June 22nd.
Please continue to pray for Pastor Matt and his family as they prepare for this transition.
Here are a few other things we want to let you know about:
- We extend our condolences to the family of Audrey Gunter, who passed away this week at the age of 101.
- This Sunday we will be taking time to honour our graduates. We have a large group of high school and post-secondary grads. Also, Monday through Friday next week, we will be posting all the pictures of our grads on our church Facebook page.
- NEW: Pastor in the Parking Lot. Pastor John is going to be offering an opportunity to gather outdoors, in the parking lot, at RiverCross Mission, weather permitting, for conversation, encouragement, and prayer.
- This is our last week of Alpha. Please be praying for these last two sessions and that God would accomplish what he wants in each life.
- On Wednesday, our Baptist leadership hosted a forum for pastors to wrestle with this issue. We heard a call to action from Pastors from the African Baptist Association. I would strongly encourage you to watch it, and to reflect on how we might be part of demonstrating through word and deed, that everyone is created in God's image. https://vimeo.com/428070699
A reminder of our shared ministry this week:
- 9:30 Roger Stoesz Adult Elective
- 10:30 Live Chat on YouTube prior to service broadcast
- 11:00am Sunday Worship Service broadcast on YouTube
- 7:00 J-Walkers (high school youth group)
- 7:30 Chinese Young Adult Group
- 7:30 English and Mandarin Alpha
- 5:30 Online Finance Meeting
- 6:30 Online Board Meetings
- Morning: Supporting the North End Food Bank
- Pastor John posts a video Devotional to the RiverCross Mission Facebook page
- 7:00 Transformers (middle school youth group)
- 9:30am RiverCross Staff Meeting
- 3:00 Chinese Bible Reading Class
- 7:30 English and Mandarin Alpha
- All Day: Preparation and recording elements for the Sunday worship service
- 7:30 Chinese New Believer’s Classes
- Weekly Bulletin distributed: mail, email, Facebook
- 7:30 Prayer Meeting, hosted by our Chinese Community
Finally, if there is any way we can be helping you, please let us know. We have had the privilege of supporting people through a variety of ways over these last few weeks, and that is why we are here.