Good Morning Everyone,
Pastor Rob here, and I hope you are doing well. This Sunday will mark the 16 weeks since we were last together in person. Do you remember that Sunday? It was International Sunday! We celebrated, in very close proximity, the 20+ countries represented in our congregation, Laurett Nwaonumah spoke, and we all went home with delicious lunch! And now, we are meeting weekly online, for worship, looking forward to when we can meet together in person. I want to thank you for making the commitment to stay engaged, for continuing to be the CHURCH to each other, for faithfully worshipping, even though the format is very different. Choosing to worship each week, to open our hearts, to pray together as a church family, to hear God’s word taught, yes, even online, is more important than ever. Hang in there! We’re moving in the right direction.
The question I get asked the most is, “When are we reopening?” I know, I can’t wait! We are having conversations about what reopening might look like, and how can we do it safely. We need to figure out how can we accommodate our large church family, as we will not be able to welcome everyone back at once. Stay tuned. While we are not meeting here for worship, we have reopened for meetings at the church and it has been great to see people, in person again. Our summer students are also working on site. Pastor John and his team have also had two successful in-person gatherings outdoors, at the RiverCross Mission, for what we are calling Parking Lot Pastor
. Everyone returning to our facilities has been abiding by our new practices to ensure physical distancing and doing what is required to give the gift of safety to each other. We are slowly taking steps, so please pray for the leadership as we continue to look at other options.
Thank you to the many people who came to say farewell to Pastor Matt and his family on Monday night. It was a really special evening with a great turn out. Pastor Matt wanted to send to you a note of appreciation. He writes, “I wish to extend my most sincere thanks to everyone who took some time to extend their blessing and encouragement over the last few days. Our family have been loved so well and we are so thankful to have you all in our lives. Thank you for your ongoing prayer. Know that we pray for you often as well.”
If you have not watched his Thank you video, you can view it on our YouTube Channel
A couple of reminders & updates for you!
- Worship this Sunday starts at 10am! Our worship service will be at 10am on Sunday, and throughout July and August. As you know, the service will be available to be enjoyed any time after that as well.
- Sunday we will get an update from Bruno & Kathleen Soucy, our Canadian Baptist Ministries partners in El Salvador. They will share some updates from the ministries our short-term mission team visited previously, as well on how our partners in El Salvador are coping after a brutal storm as well as Covid-19.
- This will be our last Sunday talking about Small Things that Make a Big Difference. On July 5th we kick off our Summer series which will look at the life of David.
- Congratulations to Hok Kwon on being selected for the CBC Virtual Orchestra, a group of 36 musicians from across Canada who will newly-commissioned work called "Prayer" on Canada Day. Read more here.
- We want to extend our condolences to Jean McAfee on the passing of her mother. Also, to Sue, Karen and Greg for their loss. Please remember this family in your prayers.
- Thanks to everyone who participated on social media in cheering on our graduates! It was great to see all the love sent their way.
- We wanted to let you know that we will be having baptisms this summer! If you are interested, please let one of the pastors know.
We will be giving a financial update soon, but let me thank you for your ongoing generosity. From the beginning, we have asked people if they would be able to determine what they are able to give, and to do so consistently. Consistent offerings are allowing us to be active in ministry and allowing us to support opportunities that arise. We would ask that you continue to give consistently throughout the summer as well, as our ministry activity will be increasing.
Finally, know that we pray for you on a regular basis. One of the hardest parts of not being together is not being able to get caught up on what is happening in everyone’s life and knowing how to pray for you specifically. If you have prayer requests, please send them our way so we can pray specifically for you!
We miss you,