Our Management Team, which oversees the preparation, planning and running of Skylight Festival is in need of an Operations Team Chair. The Operations Team is like a local arrangements committee that liaises with Five Oaks Centre and ensures the site is ready for all the elements of the Festival. The role of Chair includes:
- Convenes and chairs meetings of the Operations Team (team members need to be recruited)
- Represents Operations Team at Management Team meetings and attends Visionary Gatherings
The role of the Operations Team is to ensure that the festival is safe and successful. Operations is divided into two areas:
- Coordinates health and safety
- Public health permits (food vendors)
- Fire extinguishers (requirement of the permits) and fire safety plan
- Onsite tents – building permits
- Coordination for access to washrooms, toilets and shower facilities
- Coordinates host site usage
- Direct link with Program and Relationships Teams to the host site
- Local arrangements - is liaison between Five Oaks and Management Team
- Outdoor Space
- Site Curation and Beautification (This has been looked after by in the past by Sarah Chapman and Lauren Hodgson: Site Beautification Coordinators)
Team members are also needed!
We also have needs for volunteers to join each of our Teams. Most meetings would be online approximately once a month.
Operations: Team members
Program: Team members
Communications: Team members, especially someone with Web Design and management skills;
Finance and Funding: Team members especially those able to identify funding sources; reach out to organizations and sponsors for funding; or grant writing. Those interested in Finances and Funding in general.
If you are interested and able to help contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org