As we look back on 2019, we can’t help but thank our lucky stars for each and every one of you.
The Narwhal simply wouldn’t exist without you: our loyal readers, members and donors.
Every time you share a story, make a donation or tell a friend about The Narwhal, you help change the face of the Canadian media landscape.
Because of readers like you, The Narwhal grew beyond our wildest expectations this past year.
Here are just a few of the highlights:
Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves to make sure we’re not dreaming.
- The Narwhal’s readership doubled, to more than 1.5 million readers in 2019.
- Our first podcast, Bear 148, was downloaded nearly 35,000 times and named by Apple Podcasts as one of the best listens of the year.
- We won a photojournalism award from the Canadian Association of Journalists and were named as finalists for seven other national awards.
- We published our first print edition.
- Nearly 1,500 readers donated to make The Narwhal possible and we now count more than 1,000 monthly members.
The Narwhal began as the audacious dream of two young women. We thought Canadians deserved smarter coverage of the environmental crisis and would be willing to pay for it. Lots of people thought we were crazy. Thank you for helping us prove those naysayers wrong every single day.
We have big plans to cover even more critical environmental stories in 2020, but we need your support to make it happen.
We’re looking for 100 readers to give $100 by midnight tonight.
And we have a deal for you: give $100 today and we’ll send you a copy of our gorgeous new print edition when it’s hot off the presses this spring.
Thank you for all you do to make non-profit, made-in-Canada, ad-free journalism a reality every day. We look forward to serving you in 2020.
P.S. Give $100 by midnight tonight and we’ll send you a copy of our annual print edition this spring!