FIRST DAY SCHEDULE
- Sunday, April 21: Open Worship Sharing @ 9:30
- Sunday, April 28: Open Worship Sharing @ 9:30 (Please note that this is a change from an earlier annoucement)
LIVING INTO THE WISDOM OF CONFLICT TRANSFORMATION
Wednesday, April 17 @ 6:30 pm
On Sunday, March 31 several Friends gathered at the 9:30 session to see how Way may open for a path to conflict transformation in our Meeting.
This meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday, April 17 at 6:30 at the Meetinghouse. All Friends are warmly encouraged to attend.
It was the sense of this gathering that this conversation should continue for two specific purposes:
(1) To attend to the hurts that we may have a place in healing
(2) To lay the foundation for the study and practice of Conflict Transformation, using The Little Book of Conflict Transformation, resources from our own Meeting and resources from New York Yearly Meeting’s Committee on Conflict Transformation
We will end by 8:00 pm or shortly thereafter. Here is a loose agenda:
- Worship Sharing on the Queries on Healing (BYM Faith & Practice 2013)
- Worshipful Discussion on our Roles as Healers in the Meeting
- Worship Sharing on the Observations from the Article “When Conflicts Arise” from Friends Journal (read the article here: https://www.friendsjournal.org/when-conflicts-arise-crisis-or-invitation/ )
- Worshipful Discussion on the Article
- Worshipful Discussion on Where Way is Opening
GREEN ELEPHANT & NATIVE PLANT SALE
Saturday, April 20; set up at 8:00 am, sale starting at 9:00 am
Join us for our annual Green Elephant Sale held at the Meetinghouse. We welcome all donations prior to the Sale. Please make sure that pricing is labeled on your items and pick up any leftover items when the Sale is over.
We are also looking for volunteers! If you are interested in helping, there is a sign-up sheet in the Meetinghouse, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ANNUAL SACRED HARP SING AT YORK FRIENDS MEETING
Saturday, April 27 from 10:00 am to 3:30 pm
More information here: