Grilled mackerel with blackberry jus (Serves 4):
4 - 8 fillets mackerel, depending on size and whether preparing as a starter or a main course, pin bones removed
For the sauce:
150 g blackberries
100 ml fish stock
50 ml red wine
20 g sugar
1 teasp red wine vinegar
- Boil all the sauce together and reduce until syrupy.
- Liquidize and pass through a sieve.
- Heat the oven to the highest temperature on the grill setting.
- Place the mackerel on a baking tray and brush with olive oil.
- Cook for about 5 minutes
- Serve with the blackberry jus.