8 large asparagus spears.
1 avocado, finely diced and tossed in jiffy lemon to prevent colouring
2 tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and finely diced
2 spring onions finely chopped
Chopped fresh coriander
A strip of red pepper, about 30 g cut into fine dice
2 tbs sesame oil
Salt and pepper
475 g fresh salmon fillet, (freeze when fresh to kill any foreign bodies)
For the topping:
Crème fraiche and some asparagus spears
• Cook the asparagus in boiling salted water until tender, drain and refresh in cold water.
• Cut the asparagus into small rounds reserving some tips for decoration.
• Remove the skins from the tomatoes by plunging into boiling water. Remove the seeds and chop into small dice.
• Chop the avocado into small dice and cover with the lemon juice. Add to the tomatoes and mix with the coriander, spring onion, red pepper, seasoning and oil.
• Defrost the salmon and cut into small dice while still firm.
• 10 minutes before serving, put the salmon into the marinade. Leave for 10 minutes then mix with the other ingredients.
• Divide between 6 plates with 6 presentation metal rings and press down. Top with crème fraiche and the reserved asparagus tips and remove the rings.
Juice of 2 limes
1 tbs rice wine vinegar
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs mirin
1 tbs light brown sugar
Mix all the ingredients and leave for the flavour to develop.