Think about the IT Roadmaps for your organization. Can you answer yes to the following?
- Our roadmaps are comprehensive, accurate, up to date, and useful.
- Every thing with a life cycle has a published roadmap, whether an application, integration (e.g. API), technology, or even a SSL certificate.
- Dependencies between things are identified on the roadmaps.
- The information is accessible.
If not, why?
Remember that the purpose of a roadmap is to declare intent, communicate, and mitigate the risk of misaligned dependencies.
People often lose sight of this and instead focus on creating a Rembrandt diagram with their favorite tool.
8folios offers an easy solution. Imagine having multiple teams perform these simple steps:
- Identify things such as applications, data, integrations, technologies, and more.
- Identify dependencies between things, which builds the Where Used map.
- Add the planned Retirement Date for each thing with a life cycle.
Congratulations, the organization would have created a solid draft of numerous IT Roadmaps!
Then the priceless work begins. This is where the organization uses 8folios' distinctive analytics to mine the information. This is where the organization easily identifies misaligned dependencies based on stated life cycles, and begins to discuss the feasibility of those transitions with impacted teams. This is where IT begins to see around corners and avoid the "oops" that impact the organization or customers.
You may still use the captured information in 8folios to create custom diagrams. ...but we think you'll soon realize IT Roadmap diagrams are a colossal time suck and analogous to ancient, static cartography.
Are you ready for a better approach to IT Roadmaps?
Create a free account, and see how quickly IT can roadmap three applications and their associated integrations or technologies. Or, let us give you a 30-minute demo of 8folios.
Simplified knowledge management for IT.
Improve productivity. Plan effectively. Manage risks before they become issues. Achieve better results.