It's time to run, BOMBing Run that is!
With 16 entries this year, the 3rd Annual BOMBing Run is our biggest and probably most challenging to date. To accommodate for the larger number of entrants, and to ensure a smooth and fair competition - we're making some changes to the competition to make it easier to administer and hopefully better for entrants and members alike. These changes include:
- Lowering the number of Rounds to Three - Ordinary Bitter, DIPA, and Belgian Triple.
- Requiring all entrants supply bottles with the following conditions - if you enter a round without meeting this you get a warning - if you don't meet these requirements a 2nd time - you will be disqualified from the BOMBin Run - this is at the discretion of the Bombadier.
- MUST enter six (6), 12oz brown bottles
- Bottles must be free of labels or any identifying marks
- Bottles must be capped with a plain silver or gold cap - no other colors or designs are allowed.
- Bottles must be delivered to the Bombadier by date and time specified - look for email from Becky if you’re entrant.
- BOMBing Runs will be handled in a new format as well - gone are the days of long table of beers poured ahead of time. We will now be running the judging similar to a BJCP competition, with some new guidelines.
- Due to high interest in BOMBing Run meetings and a limited quantity of beer, BOMB Members will have first priority for tasting and voting. Non-members will not be able to taste or vote till it's determined there is enough beer for them to sample.
- Tasting will be done at designated tables. Tables will be limited to 10 people maximum.
- Each table will receive up to three (3) flights of entry beers. Members will pour themselves a 1oz sample for evaluation.
- Each member will receive five (5) tickets for voting on their top beers. To be distributed as they see fit.
- As stated in the rules, points will be determined by how many members registered at the beginning of the BOMBing Run. For example, this year we have 16 so, the most points and entrant can earn, per round, is 16 points. This will stay static for the entire run, even if people drop out. Members will be ranked by points they earn after each round of voting is complete. Points earned will equal the place you come in the night of judging. Total votes will be logged in each round and tabulated in case of tie at end of year. Most votes wins in case of tie. It there is a tie in votes there will be a dance off.