Hello! We're FILMCO.
We're writing to introduce you to FILMCO: the Filmmakers Collaborative of Trinidad and Tobago. FILMCO is a new non-profit organisation, dedicated to creating a sustainable ecosystem for film and television producers and directors in Trinidad and Tobago and the wider Caribbean.
FILMCO was founded by four industry professionals who share a deep commitment to developing our industry in a fair and equitable way: Dion Boucaud, Mariel Brown, Danielle Dieffenthaller and Lesley-Anne Macfarlane.
Our core objectives are:
1. To propose and develop strategic, innovative and sustainable distribution models within Trinidad and Tobago and the wider Caribbean.
2. To foster an environment for ongoing professional development through education and training opportunities for our members.
3. To actively negotiate for the overall financial well-being of our membership.
4. To represent, lobby, agitate and actively defend the most viable ecosystem for all our members.
5. To curate an active database of audio/ visual content developed around the region.