Normally I am known for a guy with lots of energy and enthusiasm. It’s part of who I am.
Well, one cannot always keep it up and recently it felt to me like life became a drag. Work was hard. Fun wasn’t fun anymore. Things just dragged on and on. I had lost my mojo.
What to do?
First I turned to my peers and compatriots, my support group of MacKay Forum chairs like myself. I asked them for help. This is what they shared works for them:
What ‘s the learning here for you? What can you do when you need to get your mojo back?
- “Read a fun book that has got nothing to do with work,” Tim suggested
- “Spend more time in bed,” Oliver said. Not “Get more sleep.” It’s the total time in bed that’s also important.
- “Get creative” from Kerry. “Paint something.” She is a painter after all and knows the power of creativity.
- “Have some fun in the sun,” from Ross.
- “Watch your diet, especially your sugar intake,” from the other Tim. (Yes, we are blessed with two Tims in the group.)
I think the first lesson is to surround you with great people who love and support you. Love and support them back and ask for their help. Then listen to them. Just by doing that, I’m already on my way to get my mojo back! And I feel supported and encouraged.