Staying Housed, Staying Safe
I know you are being inundated with emails and social media posts about the COVID-19 virus from everyone including retail stores, nonprofits, medical groups, and government entities. I won't repeat what the experts are reporting (but please practice social distancing and wash your hands!). SHC fully supports the community's response to this crisis. We are committed to our mission to end homelessness for good and we are doing all we can to remain operational during these difficult times. In an effort to keep our staff and participants safe and healthy, we have instituted the following protocols until further notice.
I appreciate your continued support of SHC during these extraordinary times. If you have a housing issue or are in need of resources or support, please call 505.255.3643 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact with staff is limited to appointments only. Inquiries regarding housing or support needs will be conducted by phone or email. We will not be taking walk-in visitors at this time.
- Staff are telecommuting on a rotating basis depending on essential job duties and are still available by phone or email.
- Maintenance at our apartment communities will be handled on a case-by-case basis with a focus on emergency issues.
- We have limited visitors to our apartment communities with exceptions made for caretakers, food delivery services, and home care assistance programs.
- We have instituted strict cleaning and disinfecting protocols for our office staff and at our apartment communities
- All community and resident activities at our apartment communities have been suspended.
- Our Welcome Home luncheon, originally scheduled for April 21, has been rescheduled to June 16. Unfortunately, invitations were in the mail before our decision to reschedule occurred. We will keep you updated if further changes are made.
Steve Ross, Executive Director