Buck's Tax Cuts Town Hall
Runs like Clockwork!
Ken Buck has got this Town Hall business down! First, he brings a real Congressman with him to do the brain work! This time the brain companion was Congressman Kevin Brady, Chairman of the House Ways and Means committee and leading expert on the Tax Scam. Ken, as we know, is not an expert on much, except how to defer to power. So here's how the Town Hall Clockwork runs.
As people entered the building, they got a ticket with a number. Another ticket with the same number went into a Punchbowl. Everyone was instructed that when their number was called, they could ask one question, which had to be about taxation. When everyone was seated, they wound up Buck and the questioning began.
Of course, once in a while the number of someone who wasn't a Republican was called. Here was one example of things going off the rails that way:
- Buck draws a number from the Punchbowl and calls it out. 47!
- The lucky Republican stands and calls out a softball question.
- Buck: Great question! The tax bill handles that beautifully. Congressman Brady, would you like to elaborate on that?
- Brady: Sure, Ken. <insert party line answer here>
- Audience applauds crisply.
- Go back to step 1.
- Buck draws a number from the fishbowl and calls it out. 2020!
- A Democrat (you can tell by the faded blue jeans) stands. "How does the 2017 Tax Reform Bill help the poor?
- Buck: Short answer? It gives them Hope!
(we draw the curtain on this unfortunate scene)
Here's a picture of the Punchbowl just to prove we didn't make this stuff up!
WTF thinks it is pretty shameful how Buck avoided really engaging with his constituents. He did have a private meeting with representatives of Adapt Colorado, though. We've requested a statement from Adapt about their after-meeting with Buck. Read about it in these pages when we receive it!