Dear T-REXers and Friends,
I am writing to you to describe the measures T-REX is taking to protect our community during this COVID-19 outbreak, and to ask you as community members to help us with certain protective measures as well. These measures should help to minimize risk that the virus poses to our members and visitors. These measures are drawn directly from the guidance issued thus far from the CDC, as well as from our local experience.
First, we are asking our community and our visitors:
- Stay home if you are sick. It is important to take care of yourself when you are sick, and it is important to the community to minimize the chances that you will infect others.
- If you have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with the virus, and/or traveled from a country that is currently experiencing an outbreak, stay home until you have been cleared by health authorities.
- If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 and you have been present at T-REX, please inform T-REX administration immediately, so that we can take the proper steps to notify our constituency, work with local health authorities, and prepare the facility accordingly.
- Make contingency plans that may include working from home, and/or using video conferencing facilities at home or at T-REX.
- If you are a company owner or manager, please consider making it simple for your employees to stay at home if they are sick or have been diagnosed with COVID-19. Please consider offering paid sick leave, for example, or consider options for your staff to work from home.
- Wipe down your own desk areas with proper disinfectant cleaner. T-REX cleaning contractors do not move the items on your desk when they clean offices, so it is up to you to keep your desk area clean and sanitized.
- We, like everyone, are having trouble finding hand sanitizer. If you are shopping, and find hand sanitizer to purchase, if you can buy extra for T-REX, please do, and we will reimburse you!
- Do not put leftover food, or “gift” food out in our public areas to share with the community during this time. We have always loved this sharing, but at this time, we are asking everyone to only offer boxed or packaged food for their meetings, and then dispose of any leftovers, or take leftovers home. This is also a good reminder to do your best not to over-order for meetings.
- Avoid shaking hands, and avoid close contact with others. Keep your hands away from your face as much as possible. Sneeze or cough into a tissue and throw the tissue away.
- Wash your hands as often as possible! 🧼
What T-REX is doing:
If you have any questions for T-REX staff, please do not hesitate to ask. We care deeply about all our members, their families, and our community at large. These efforts are designed to keep those who we care about as safe and as healthy as possible.
- T-REX administration has worked with our cleaning contractors to increase the level of disinfection through the cleaning products and methods used to clean the facility.
- We are changing the time at which we open in the morning (7:30 now instead of 7:00 a.m.), in order to give our team enough time to wipe down surfaces on the 5th floor with disinfectant cleaner. (This will mean that coffee may not be available until 7:45 or 8:00 am.)
- We are setting up cleaning stations with supplies either within meeting rooms, or outside multiple meeting rooms. These stations will have disinfectant cleaner (for wiping down meeting tables), paper towels, and Kleenexes. You are welcome to use these supplies, but we ask that you not take these community supplies.
- We are increasing signage throughout the facility in order to remind people to take care of themselves and others.
- We are postponing several public T-REX programs for the time being, including One Million Cups and Geosaurus Unleashed. Check our online calendar for up-to-date cancellations.
- We are not allowing groups who are meeting for multiple days in a row in the same space to keep items locked in the space overnight. We need to make sure rooms are empty and tables are clear so that our nightly cleaning crew can disinfect all surfaces every night.
- We are constantly monitoring the situation, both locally and nationally.
President/Executive Director, T-REX