We are extremely grateful to have such strong, supportive, caring family members during these uncertain times -- thank you! As we continue to navigate these difficult days together, we want to provide an update regarding the increased precautions we are taking to keep you (and the people you support) safe, while doing our part to reduce the spread of Covid-19.
Below are additional measures that are being introduced, effective immediately:
(1) Trainings offered by COR have been cancelled until mid April; we will review whether any additional cancellations will be required at that time. COR's Learning and Development Specialist (Rachelle) will contact all participants to provide options for enrollment in future training programs.
(2) Team Meetings will be cancelled for the remainder of March; support teams will be advised as to whether April meetings will proceed in the coming weeks.
(3) In an effort to minimize the gathering of people, COR HQ will be closed to the public for the remainder of March. Visitors and Employees needing assistance are asked to call ahead; members of our Senior Leadership Team will be on-hand.
(4) The COR Studio will also be operating in a reduced capacity; large group activities have been cancelled; we are also planning for activities led by practicum students to come to an end, as directed by their respective universities. Please note that the Studio Calendar is being updated frequently. Refer to our website for up-to-date information.
(5) Our Supported Living Program (SLP) will be pared back in the coming days, with support shifting from community based activities to ensuring household necessities and cleanliness are acquired and maintained. Our Home Supports Coordinator (Jessica) will reach out to all SLP support team members and families impacted.
(6) All medication will be dropped off at each home (as required), minimizing the need for stopping by COR HQ; Mandy (RPN) will be checking in with home support teams periodically throughout the week to ensure they have all the necessary first aid supplies and medications.
(7) All employees are encouraged to model 'good hand hygiene' and ensure all common touch points within each home are disinfected daily, while also working as a team to increase regular cleaning in each home! (It's a perfect time to start Spring Cleaning!)
(8) Under advisory of the province, all COR family members are encouraged to maintain social distancing and limit participation in community activities. We are advising all COR employees to stay close to the home of the person they are supporting and keep everyone in a safe environment.
(9) With many activities pared back, we have launched a few new initiatives: Casey (Employee Experience Advisor) will be launching online engagement challenges, games and activities to keep people busy, connected and having fun through a virtual community! Additionally, Kristyn (Literacy Facilitator) will be bringing learning online, launching educational opportunities, book clubs and tech clubs from the comfort of one's own home through their iPad or computer! Also, look forward to receiving games, activities, puzzles and all types of fun stuff to keep busy at home! We will be dropping off a plethora of supplies for people to have a few things to do over the coming days! (Keep in mind, we can still get out for a walk around the block!)
(10) We are striving to contact all families and employees in the coming days -- please expect a telephone call -- as we seek to learn of any concerns you may have in an effort to provide comfort, reassurance and confidence. We look forward to connecting with you and finding ways that we can all support each other through these difficult days!
Rallying together as a team, supporting one another is essential -- now, more than ever! We must remember that our entire community is experiencing a degree of uncertainty in their life at this moment -- be empathetic, understanding and supportive. And most importantly, be kind. We will get through this together!
As this situation continues to evolve, we will be sure to keep everyone updated. Rest assured, we are closely monitoring the situation and have developed contingency plans for the various situations we may experience.
Remember, be a model for 'Good Hand Hygiene'!
Michael & Jim
Click here for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 from the Government of Saskatchewan.