We're reaching out today to provide information regarding our response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Optimism, teamwork, and health are more important now than ever, which is why we're evaluating activities, postponing large group events, educating our support teams, and emphasizing our practice of cleanliness and hygiene to uphold an environment where our COR family can feel more at ease.
Here are some precautions we are taking:
(1) Sir Dancelot: March 18 & April 1st dances cancelled; plan to tentatively resume on April 15th.
(2) Sports Night: March 19 & 26, April 2 & 9 cancelled; plan to tentatively resume April 16th.
(3) Sexual Health Education and People with Developmental Disabilities Workshop: March 20th; Re-scheduled on June 29th.
(4) Next Chapter Book Clubs: It has been recommended that book club facilitators take precaution and determine whether to cancel based on club location.
(5) COR Studio and COR HQ: Enhanced cleaning has commenced at both locations, including: disinfecting all chairs, handrails, door knobs, tables, desk edges, switches, elevator, meeting rooms, bathrooms, regular touch points, etc. on a daily basis. Meetings and Studio activities will not be cancelled at this time as they are predominantly small group activities.
(6) Home Support: All employees are requested to enhance cleaning of surfaces and regular touch points within the homes of the people they support; good hand hygiene is to be promoted throughout the day for all COR family members (Employees and People served).
(7) Any COR employee experiencing symptoms is encouraged to stay home and contact their Team Leader; please follow regular sick-time procedures outlined in our Employee Handbook. If an employee has personal concerns regarding attending work, they are encouraged to contact their Team Leader or COR HQ to arrange for either vacation leave or a leave of absence.
(8) COR family members are encouraged to refer to their Health and Safety Handbook, specifically our Pandemic Response Plan on pages 92-95. A copy has been provided to all Home Team Leaders, along with up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 provided by the Government of Saskatchewan.
(9) When participating in community events and activities, we are encouraging everyone to use their best judgement and avoid large group gatherings, taking precautions to keep yourself and the person your support safe. Don't go to any place you are not comfortable going! As suggested, model social distancing by minimizing direct physical contact with others.
(10) Most importantly, it is essential for everyone to model and encourage 'GOOD HAND HYGIENE' frequently throughout the day!
The health and safety of our family is important to us! If you have any questions or concerns, please contact a member of COR's Senior Leadership Team.
Michael and Jim
Click here for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 from the Government of Saskatchewan.