Eco-Reps help cultivate an environmental justice ethic and aligned practices within the student body. Change Agents serve in introductory leadership roles and are a vital member of the program, comprising the majority of the Eco-Rep staff.
- Bring EcoWare bins from ResHall lobby to UVM Dining location daily.
- Implement targeted outreach and education on multiple sustainability topics specific to your residential community.
- Lead by example with sustainable lifestyle choices in order to encourage environmentally responsible behaviors among peers.
- Ensure residential hall practices in your area are consistent with campus expectations of environmental stewardship. Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Attend two regularly scheduled meetings per week.
- Lives in CCRH, Mercy, McAuley, Jeanne Mance or Mason-Simpson-Hamilton.
- Able to attend training on 8/29. Able to attend staff meetings Mondays 8-9pm.
- Commitment to sustainability and desire to improve sustainable behaviors on campus.
- Reliable and responsible with attention to detail, strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain academic performance and succeed at work.
- Expect to work an average of 4.5 hours per week. Actual weekly hours will fluctuate.
- 5 positions available for non-work study OR work study. $11.75/hour.
- Positions are open until filled, apply ASAP!