Sign up now for the Hunterdon County 4-H Fair Indivisible Booth - Once again, ILNH will hold down the fort on the best corner at the fair. Dates are Wednesday, August 21 to Sunday August 25. We need volunteers for AM and PM managers, plus three people for each shift (two or three hours) and for set up on Tuesday, Aug. 20th.
New plans for the booth are taking shape, so join us and make sure you eat your annual share of Fair food. Sign up at the link.
Note: Ignore the column with $0.00 and just click the dot for the shift you want. You’ll fill in details on the next page. Any questions, contact Deb Kline or Elyria Lerman.
Civil Rights - Thank NJ Governor Murphy for signing A314- the restrictions on solitary confinement. The bill passed just as we closed the deadline for this newsletter edition. And thanks to all the ILNH’ers who called and wrote him to encourage him to sign.
Civil Rights Book Club has picked its next book. Solitary, by Albert Woodfox is the story of a man who spent four decades in solitary confinement in a Louisiana prison for a crime he didn’t commit. Start reading and stay tuned for the meeting date.
NEEDED: GOTV leaders! With the first 2020 Democratic Presidential Debate in the history books, ILNH needs GOTV leaders to help coordinate our activities and ensure the Big Blue Wave washes out this administration, its GOP sycophants and maintains those hard won Dem seats from 2016. Ideally, we have an overall leader, plus GOTV-NJ and a GOTV-PA leaders. Contact any member of the leadership team to throw your hat in the ring.
- July 17: Energy master plan hearing and rally at the State House Annex in Trenton, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
- July 18: Governing body of the city meeting at the Acme in Lambertville, 7 pm
- July 21: ILNH Healthy Summer Sunday Social - 3 pm canal walk, 4 pm Bell’s Tavern. Meet for walk on towpath north of Lambertville, in the parking lot back by Holcombe-Jimison Farmstead Museum (turn off Daniel Bray Highway where you see the sign for the museum and go past the entrance to the parking lot). Cash bar at Bell’s, appetizers provided by ILNH.
- Aug 6: Environment team meeting at the Lambertville Library, at 6 pm
- Aug. 18: ILNH Community Gathering will be on focused training volunteers staffing the 4-H Fair. Time will be confirmed.
- Aug. 21-25: Hunterdon County 4-H Fair
- Sept TBA: Changing the Conversation Full Day Training
Contributors: Amara Willey, Cindi Sternfeld, Cheryl Clark, Cynthia Zenkus, Diane Abatemarco, Elaine Clisham, John Richard Smith, Olga Vannucci, Deb Kline