Welcome to The MacKenzie Law Firm where we practice exclusively in the area of U.S. Immigration law

View this email in your browser
(Si desea recibir en el futuro mensajes en español, por favor envíe su preferencia aquí). (Haga clic aquí para leer este correo electrónico en español)

Deportation Protection

In light of the aggressive tactics being implemented by the Trump administration, we recommend that all non-citizens “without status” carry with them at ALL times, proof of at least two (2) years of continuous physical presence in the United States. Such proof is required to avoid expedited removal by I.C.E. (This means that the non-citizen does not have the right to appear before an immigration judge). Examples of proof are: pay stubs, birth certificates for children, etc.
Stay vigilant, remain calm, and know that we are here to help you.


Our office continues to file 1st DACA and DACA renewals for young non-citizens who entered the country before the age of 16 and are currently enrolled high school or have graduated from high school.  The current processing time for DACA applications are as such:
- New DACA
- DACA Renewal
- DACA travel document
If you are an approved DACA applicant, and also married to a US citizen, please talk to us about filing for lawful permanent residence.
Arts & Culture

Highlighting this weekend's UNC School of the Arts A.J. Fletcher Opera Institute presents "Florencia en el Amazonas," music by Daniel Catán with libretto by Marcela Fuentes-Berain.
Family Based Immigration
Advance Parole to Adjustment of Status
Since 2013 our office has been applying for Advance Parole/Travel Documents for the clients that have the Deferred Action approvals. Through applying for a travel document and re-entering the United States after temporary leave, you can apply for an Adjust of Status to a Lawful Permanent Resident if you qualify. You must have a US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident family member that can apply for you in order to qualify.
The processing time of the Advance Parole documents are taking longer than their normal 30 day processing time. Immigration is currently working on cases that were filed in August of 2016.
If you do not have any means to adjust you status to that of a Lawful Permanent Resident, you may still be eligible to travel with your Deferred Action Petition. In order to see if you qualify, contact our office.
Employment Based Immigration

Could an H-1B Visa work for you? Click here to answer questions to see if you might qualify.  H-1B can be filed beginning April 1, 2017.

The EB-1 extraordinary ability classification is for people who are recognized as being at the very top of their field and who are coming to the United States to continue work in that field. To establish eligibility, you must demonstrate (read more… )

P-1A Visa: Internationally Recognized Athlete quick answers: FORM FILING FEE(S) $460.  HOW LONG CAN I STAY? 1 year. WILL I BE ABLE TO EXTEND? Yes. 
Contact us to get your Form I-129 started now.
I-601A Waiver Update
Applicants from Honduras are now required to obtain a new birth certificate from Honduras and a certified criminal background check at the DNIC Headquarters located in Comayaguela. Honduras has recently updated their government issued documents and USCIS is now requiring applicants to obtain those new documents and submit them with their case.
According to the current processing time, it is taking USCIS between eight to ten months to process the I-601A applications.
Policy Updates
There are no updates at this time, but stay tuned!  As soon as the new administration makes any  POLICY changes, we’ll let you know. For now, be informed of what’s in the news:
Trump to Order Mexican Border Wall and Curtail Immigration

February 2017 Visa Bulletin

The visa bulletin for February 2017 is now issued. Please access it at:
Copyright © 2017 The MacKenzie Law Firm, All rights reserved.

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp