Did You Miss the Yearbook Deadline?
We've re-opened the yearbook order page for those that have forgotten to order their yearbooks. This will be the final week you can order online, so purchase your copy right now before you forget again!
>Order Yearbook Now!
Questions? Contact Georgie at email@example.com
Hoops Classic Update!
Congrats to our 3 Hoops Classic basketball teams. We didn't bring home any hardware this time, but two of our teams made it to the quarterfinals and everyone represented Canyon View with passion and honor! We are proud of our CV Teams!
Jog-A-Thon Pledge Envelopes have been given to teachers last Friday for distribution to all the students. Please be on the lookout for them. They contain instructions on how to register your child(ren) on the 99Pledges fundraising website.
Parents To-Do 1, 2, 3!
- CREATE personal student fundraising page by >clicking here
- CUSTOMIZE with a personal photo (look for system email that will have a link to customize image)
- DONATE any amount you wish and then share your personal page via email, Facebook, or Twitter to give an opportunity for other family, friends to help support this fundraiser
Reasons Why We Need to Raise Funds with Jog-A-Thon
Any Questions? JAT chairperson, Viv Mirigian: Jog-A-Thon@mycanyonviewpta.org
- Irvine Unified School District is one of the lowest funded schools in Orange County and the State of California, YET because of parent financial support at Canyon View (like no other school in Irvine), we maintain one of the highest performing, most-active, and well-rounded schools in the district!
- Back in August, we had budgeted to spend over $230K for this school year and have spent 1/2 of it so far on: Playworks recess coaches, Art Masters art classes, Learning Excursions, classroom instructional supplies, science grants, SAI grants, 100 Mile Club, Reading Rewards, Reflections Art Program, Fall Festival, Welcome Back Orientation, Mother Daughter Tea, Guy Stuff, Astronomy Night, Library Books, Technology Support, radKIDS, Express Valet, Book Fair and Taste of Canyon View.
To be able to cover our expenses for the rest of the year, we had assumed at the beginning of the year that Jog-A-Thon would bring in $55K. Because our Pledge Drive exceeded its goal by $5K, we have now lowered the Jog-A-Thon goal to $50K to achieve what we initially set out to do. Not only do we hope to achieve this goal, but we hope to exceed this goal due to the NEW STEM program (discussed at January's PTA Meeting) the school would like to secure before the end of this school year. The cost of this program from BrainStorm STEM Education is $85K (~$125/student). PTA does not expect to fully fund this program outright since the school (and PTA) will pursue various channels of funding and apply for possible grants. But, the more financial strength and commitment we are able to build, the more likely we will be able to help the school implement and sustain this enriching STEM curriculum for a period of time while we pursue developing our own in-house STEM program & infrastructure.
We won't know our final actual spend until the end of May, but we know we still have lots of bills to pay that might run us anywhere roughly from $80 to $100K --all part of our annual planned budget. Expenses include the remaining 1/2 of planned learning excursions (onsite/offsite field trips), 2 assemblies, professional development, library books, heath & safety supplies, paper, PBIS, parent ed, grade level grants, teacher grants, scholarship, 6th grade promotion, Jog-A-Thon, Family Fun Night's STEAM-Maker, and more!
- Families and friends like to support our kids' school and Jog-A-Thon is a huge successful fundraiser because of this community support so don't be afraid to pass along (via email, Facebook, Twitter) your online personal fundraising page to not only family and friends, but to your doctors, brokers, co-workers, customers, lawyers, etc.
Jog-A-Thon is one of those school memories kids do remember way after they leave Canyon View. For the past few years, we have had high school students regularly visit Canyon View and they always mention the fond memories they had at Jog-A-Thon. Did you know that if EVERY student helps raise just $75 each, we would easily hit our 2019 Jog-A-Thon goal?! If you'd like to donate more than that for your child(ren), we want to thank you for your generous support with some cool prizes and incentives. Don't forget, programs and events can only take place if funding AND volunteers are available, so if you like what Canyon View has to offer each year, please consider supporting Jog-A-Thon!
MARCH MADNESS FUN RUNS!
- 100MC presents March Madness Morning Fun Runs, every Monday and Thursday morning, from 7:30am to 8am, ONLY during the month of March!
- Wear your 100MC t-shirt every MONDAY in March to show your 100MC school spirit!