Please REGISTER by October 12th
Opening message by Representative Mike Turzai, Speaker of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives.
Panels follow brief history lecture by Guy Caruso, Institute on Disabilities at Temple University.
Panel 1: People with Developmental Disabilities & Employment Changes-What still needs to happen in Western Pennsylvania?
Panel 2: Innovative Models of Employment in Western Pennsylvania
- Moderator: Steve Suroviec, CEO, ACHIEVA
- Suzanne Ratnavale, Goodwill of Southwestern Pennsylvania
- John Seely, Empowering Lives (Altoona)
- Eric Welsh, ACHIEVA
- Kelly Gunther, ACHIEVA
Panel 3: How to Work when you Need Essential Benefits
- Moderator: Marci Katona, District Administrator Office of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Phil Glofelty, Game Masters
- Bernadette Kazar, Pawlicious Pet Food
- John Miller, Office of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Jeremy Shapira, Giant Eagle
- Heather Sedlacko, United Way Southwestern Pennsylvania
Funding for this event provided by the Edith L. Trees Charitable Trust. Support also provided by ACHIEVA; the United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania, 21 and Able Initiative; and the Institute on Disabilities at Temple University.
- Moderator: Dr. Josie Badger United Way’s #IWantToWork
- Erin Guay, Pennsylvania Health Law Project
- Joy Smith, AHEDD
- Libby Powers Disability Options Network Center for Independent Living
- Heather Tomko, University of Pittsburgh
Thursday, October 18, 2018, 9:30 am-Noon at Rodef Shalom Temple, 4905 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh 15213
Accessibility: ASL interpretation will be provided. Other accommodations available upon request. Please request by contacting Mary Hartley at email@example.com or 412-204-7199 no later than October 9th. Parking is available in the free lot and the location is close to major bus lines.
Additional Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.