To qualify for the Championships, a T.I.P. eligible Thoroughbred must:
(1) participate in a show offering T.I.P. high point awards, classes or divisions beginning August 1, 2021 through the Declaration Deadline for the applicable Championships (Qualifying shows include the 2021 T.I.P. Championships and for competitive trail qualification, any Equine Trail Sports competition); or
(2) participate in aTake2 division beginning August 1, 2021 through the Declaration Deadline; or
(3) be entered in the 2022 Thoroughbred Makeover or have participated in the 2021 Mega Makeover for the applicable discipline; or
(4) have participated in the 2021 T.I.P. Performance Awards for the applicable discipline; or
(5) be accepted through a hardship declaration request (below).
To qualify, horses can be shown in any classes or divisions at the show offering T.I.P. awards in the relevant discipline. Horses must qualify for the specific discipline, except horses shown at a horse trial or combined test may also qualify for jumpers or dressage through their show jumping or dressage phase, respectively. All Thoroughbreds must have a T.I.P. Number to qualify. After qualifying, owners and riders must declare their horse for the Championships by submitting a Horse Declaration Form.
Virtual or Online Horse Shows do not count for qualification.