Networking and Marriage: Commitment to Connection
June is the month that kicks off the wedding season for the summer. The sun shines longer and the weather is much warmer. It’s a great time for those wanting to tie the knot to share their special day with friends and family.
Networking is like getting married. You make a commitment to your business to grow those relationships. You believe in what you do and want to share that commitment with others whether they are possible clients or strategic partners. With it being summertime, it’s the perfect time to have some fun with those new and budding relationships.
It’s always fun to receive a gift when it’s not your birthday or on a specific holiday. Think about giving a thoughtful gift to a client that you love to work with as a thank you even if it’s something as simple as a handwritten card.
With it being summer, liven it up a bit. Here’s some ideas for gift for clients and strategic partners:
- Ice cream gift card – support local! Salt & Straw, Handel’s, Ruby Jewel
- Anything to do with the beach (towel, cute sign, beach tote)
- Summer picture, card or sign that is bright and colorful
- Flowers or a live plant – check out Trader Joe’s for ideas on this one
- Fruit and nut gift bag with some seasonal treats
- Make a gift certificate good for a Happy Hour together or outing.
- Visit a farmer’s market and go for coffee afterwards
- Gardening tote with trowel, seeds and gloves
The list is just a beginning. Let me know what kind of gifts you like to give. It’s the thought that counts. No matter what you do it is helping to build that relationship while sharing your creativity and thoughtfulness.
Enjoy your courtship when networking and help make the marriage part of your business be happy, fun and fulfilling.
Follow me on my business Facebook page to see where I’m going and come join me!
Still not sure how to squeeze networking into your schedule or the best way to ramp up your networking?
Call me at 503-539-2602 or click here to connect via email.