How Does Your Garden Grow?
Spring is beautiful! I love all the flowers that are in bloom. The days are brighter and it stays late longer. Perfect time to grow your networking garden!
Did you ever think of networking like planting a garden? It’s the perfect metaphor.
- Find a plant you want to plant in your garden = Find a networking group you want to visit
- Plant the seed in your garden = Go to a networking event
- The plants begins to grow = You do great follow up from the event and begin to grow new relationships
- Feed your plants = Nurture those networking relationships. Keep in touch. Send an email, make a phone call, have a one-to-one meeting
- Growing time for both the plants and your relationships
- The plants bloom! = The relationships are profitable both professionally and personally
Remember that relationships take care and tending to just like our gardens. It does take time and shouldn’t be rushed. With time great relationships can be created just like a beautiful plant or flower.
Share the bounty of your garden. Reach out to connect those new people you met with others who might benefit from getting to know your new connection as well. It’s a great way to create some new power partners or referral partners.
Enjoy your Spring garden and let me know if you need any help with cultivating new business relationships.
Still not sure how to squeeze networking into your schedule or the best way to ramp up your networking?
Call me at 503-539-2602 or click here to connect via email.