1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place beets in the preheated oven. Bake until they pierce easily with a fork, about 45-55 minutes.
3. After you remove beets from the oven, let them cool slightly so they are easier to handle.
4. Preheat the broiler on high.
5. Drizzle the pumpernickel cubes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly, then arrange in a single layer on the sheet pan.
6. Place the pumpernickel croutons in the broiler. Toast until crispy, about 3-5 minutes.
7. Once croutons are crispy, let them cool on the sheet pan for a few minutes.
8. Once beets are easy to handle but still slightly warm, use hands to peel off the skin. Start at the root end and push away the skin. Wear gloves to prevent staining your hands. Skin will peel easily if beets were cooked long enough and still slightly warm.
9. After you’ve peeled the beets, cut off both ends, then cut the beets in half and slice thinly. Add to the bowl of greens.
10. Drizzle the white balsamic vinegar and olive oil over the beets and greens. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
11. Add the croutons and goat cheese to the bowl of beets and greens.
12. Toss all the salad ingredients together, then scoop some of the beet and frisée salad onto each dinner plate or into a large serving bowl. Ready to eat!