This year on Tuesday, November 27, 2018, Tikkun Ha-Ir
is participating in #GivingTuesday
, a global day of giving that harnesses the collective power of individuals, communities and organizations to encourage philanthropy and to celebrate generosity worldwide
is held annually on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving (in the US) and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday to kick off the holiday giving season and inspire people to collaborate in improving their local communities and to give back in impactful ways to the charities and causes they support.
You even have a chance to MORE double your gift when made through Facebook.
In order to donate, you must have facebook and click the DONATE button(please contact Sami if you need assistance 414-501-3618 or firstname.lastname@example.org
). All doubled donation will again be matched by a local anonymous donor to Tikkun Ha-Ir!
We invite you to join the movement and to help out your Milwaukee Community neighbors TODAY!
Some ideas include:
Make A Year End Financial Gift
All gifts are appreciated! Some suggestions:
- $54 = 3 gift bags for people living in shelters at Christmas
- $100 = 50 adult & children’s summer outfits through the Glean Machine
- $250 = 2 weeks of fresh produce delivered to meal sites next summer and fall
- $500 = 6 weeks of the Chop Shop which prepares fresh produce for easy usage at meal sites and food pantries
- $1000 = 4 learning programs that create a Jewish context for our programs
- Donate on our website or by mail: P.O. Box 090287, Milwaukee, WI 53209
Each winter, Tikkun Ha-Ir you and your fellow congregants collect holiday gifts to go to families in homeless shelters or crisis programs. Please participate in this act of love and tzedakah to the many families in poverty. Your donation makes a real difference!
November 26 -Sunday, December 16
Drop off locations:
Congregation Emanu-El Bne Jeshurun
Congregation Beth Israel Ner Tamid
Lake Park Synagogue
Congregation Shir Hadash
It’s Not To Late to Donate The Following Items including:
- Men’s and Women’s sweatshirts
- Children’s books and puzzles
- New stuffed animals
- Socks (men/women/children)
- and more!
- Want to buy items AND donate? Shop Amazon using smile.amazon.com/ch/77-0596241 and they will donate to THI!
Learn more on www.thi-milwaukee.org
or contact Karen Royster
or Sami Stein Avner
for more information.
Thank you for your support!