Special thanks belong to many for helping make this effort happen:
- All the Knitters on a Roll, Emamu-el Knitter Circle, Channel10/36, Peggy Glaser and Edna Hiltner for knitting beautiful hats, gloves and scarves
- Hillel Milwaukee for a Sock Drive
- The Harry & Rose Samson JCC and Community-wide Channukah Celebration for supplying and packing candy bags, emergency packs for those living on the street, including 4 handmade blankets
- Congregation Shalom for packing gift bags for Cathedral Center and Friendship House
- Wisconsin BBYO for their awesome chapstick drive (over 80 donated!)
- Steve Arenzon for a generous donation of hats
- Moshe Katz and ATID Properties for donating the storage space for housing the collected items prior to deliveries
- Salvation Army for providing the hot meal on Christmas Eve
Huge appreciation goes out to our volunteers Rachel Howitt and Jill Plavnik, Susan Ellman, Tobey and Cheryl Libber, Jim Hagen, Ed Levitas and Lily Goren, and to the planning committee for their dedication: Reenie Kavalar, Deb O'Connor, Susan Armour Seidman, Reesa Gottschalk, chair and all our sponsor organizations for supporting and promoting this effort!
A HUGE thanks to those of you who contributed funds to support the drive. With some last minute requests, we used funds to buy books, socks, and toiletries to better meet the needs of our recipients.
Lastly, none of this could have been done without the hard work of THI's Project & Development Coordinator Karen Royster.