Message from Mona Babin - Acting President
Happy new year! May health, joy, and success be abundant in The Village in 2019.
Over the last few months, several residents have been busy working on different committees on behalf of The Village residents. Each team leader will provide an update at the Annual General Meeting. Here’s an overview:
- Village round table (Mike Siverns): A group of residents have met to discuss how we can share knowledge, and work together more efficiently.
- Christmas decorating (Dale DesIslets): 30 volunteers spent 120 hours decorating 65 trees, 23 lampposts, and 14 deer. More than 16,000 lights shined over The Village! An additional 250 lumières bags with candles were set out along parkways on December 23. The Village never looked more festive!
- Speeding in The Village (Dale DesIslets): Dale is working on a plan to make our neighbourhood safer.
- The Village future development (Mona Babin): As news is available on this hot topic, we will keep you informed.
- Constitution and rules & regulations (Mona Babin): Current governance is being revised, and a recommendation will be put forward at the AGM.
- Social committee (a team of 5 residents): After a successful Christmas party, the team is working on a number of events for 2019.
- Membership (Randy Churchill): Almost 50% of The Village residents are members of the VCA. Randy will reach out to you to let you know how you can help with membership.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!!! Do you have passion and a little bit of time to dedicate to making The Village an even more AMAGING place to live and play? We could use your expertise with:
- Fall dog show: help out or lead the team
- Nominating committee: source and interview candidates for the 2019-2020 VCA board
- Board member: become a VCA Board Member and help shape the future
See you around The Village!!!