Lone Wolf in the ‘hood
It might be quiet in The Village – but apparently it’s mating season in the ravine! Coyotes! It’s that time of year when they are looking for adventure. And although we haven’t had any incidents this year in The Village, we have in the past. Both residents and pets have been threatened by coyotes looking for action!
Pet owners need to be vigilant, always walking your dog on a leash and keeping cats indoors.
Here are some tips to keep yourself and your pets safe.
If A Coyote or Fox Approaches You
- STOP - Pick up children and small pets if necessary
- STAND STILL - Never run from a coyote, fox or a domestic dog
- MAKE YOURSELF BIG - Wave your arms high in the air or pop an umbrella
- BE LOUD AND ASSERTIVE - Shout, stomp your feet or clap your hands
- SLOWLY BACK AWAY - Be assertive as you leave, if need be, to ensure the animal knows it is not welcome
Learn More about our lusty neighbours!
This photo was taken in January 2018 at the corner of Jordan and Blackbird. Let’s hope he doesn’t show up with the kids!