Copy
MONDAY UPDATE - ALERT LEVEL 3
 
Dear Parents / Caregivers,


All this week we will continue to deliver teaching and learning online as we have over the last 2 ½ weeks.

We have 18 students registered with us for supervision at the college under Alert Level 3, with 10 in attendance today in two separate bubbles.

Thank you for the ongoing support of your son through this process, enabling him to continue his education at home.  The vast majority of our boys have settled well into the routine of accessing google classroom and completing the work that has been set by his teachers.

As you will be aware, on Monday 11th May the Prime Minister will announce when we will leave Alert Level 3 and if the decision is made, there will be 48 hours to prepare.  At this stage we have received minimal guidance from the Ministry of Education on how schooling will look under Alert Level 2. 

Considerations that are guiding our initial planning to transition to Alert Level 2 are:

  • Government guidelines that people should keep 1 metre apart and gatherings only allowed for up to 100 people indoors and up to 500 outdoors.  With additional conditions on gatherings - physical distancing, infection prevention and control requirements must be met.
  • All gatherings must record attendees to ensure contact tracing may be conducted if necessary.
  • No participants allowed who have COVID-19 symptoms or who need to be in isolation / quarantine for any reason.
  • Schools are open for all children.  Assistance learning is available for those unable to attend school (e.g. self-isolating).


Obviously these restrictions place significant limitations on the college of 2000 students.  Currently we are considering how we can operate under Alert Level 2 with discussion on different year levels attending on different days, staggered start / finish times, interval / lunch times, continuation of online learning with supervision of those on site and limits on availability of bus transport with over 50% of our boys travelling to college by bus.

I look forward to receiving clarity from the MOE during the week to enable us to plan accordingly for the possibility of a greater number of our students returning to the college.  At this stage the earliest possible date for this to occur is Thursday 14th May.

I will  communicate again later in the week and hopefully will be able to provide greater clarity of how schooling will look under Alert Level 2.

Meanwhile I thank you again for your support, cooperation and understanding at this challenging time.

Kind regards,



Robert Mangan
Principal

 
 
Copyright © 2020 Tauranga Boys' College, All rights reserved.


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.