Halibut Piccata with Asparagus
¾ pounds Fresh Asparagus
12 ounces Halibut Fillets, Skined
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Divided
3 cloves Garlic, Chopped
½ cups Dry White Wine
2 Tablespoons Capers
½ Fresh Lemon- Zest and Juice
1 Tablespoon Fresh Italian Parsley, Chopped
Kosher Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
- Steam asparagus until almost soft, set aside.
- Heat the oil and 1 tbs. of butter in a nonstick skillet on medium high heat until bubbling, being careful not to burn. Season the halibut with salt and pepper.
- Add the halibut to the hot skillet and cook until lightly golden brown on both sides, about 3-5 minutes per side. Set the halibut aside and turn the heat to medium low. Add the garlic and saute about 1 minute, being careful not to burn.
- Add the white wine and deglaze the pan. Simmer to reduce the sauce a bit, about 5-10 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the capers, the remaining butter, lemon (zest and juice) and parsley until butter completely melts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the halibut fillets on top of a handful of the asparagus and then drizzle with the sauce.