The BPC is dedicated to sharing Buffalo's unique presidential history. During these historic timeswe hope all our friends, supporters and our community at large are taking the measures necessary to stay safe. The information in this newsletter has been compiled to help you continue to learn about our shared past.
PAST PRESIDENTS AND PANDEMICS
Click on the blue box below to read Patsy Widakuswara's overview of how six former US presidents handled pandemics and the lessons learned.
On February 25th the Buffalo Presidential Center partnered with the TR Inaugural Site for a Presidents Day program about "Buffalo's Presidential Connections" presented by BPC Trustee Courtney Speckmann. Click on the blue box below to watch the this program.
BUFFALO PRESIDENTIAL TRIVIA How many of these can you answer correctly?
Answers are located at the end of this newsletter.
1. We all know that Theodore Roosevelt was inaugurated at the Wilcox Mansion after McKinley's assassination on September 4, 1901. How many different times did T.R. actually come to Buffalo?
a. 6 b. 10 c. 13 d. 19
2. Grover Cleveland was elected to several different local offices. Which one was he NOT elected to?
a. Erie County Sheriff c. Democratic Ward Leader
b. Ass't District Attorney d. Mayor of Buffalo
3. Millard Fillmore was a member of several political parties, except....
a. Democratic-Republican c. Whig
b. Anti-Masonic d. American
4. William McKinley's body lay in state for public viewing in which Buffalo building on Sept. 15, 1901?
a. Milburn House c. St. James Hall
b. County-City Hall d. St Paul's Episcopal Church
5. In which year did Abraham Lincoln (or his body) NOT visit Buffalo?
a. 1848 c. 1861
b. 1860 d. 1865
TR Buffalo Campaign Pin 1904
Returns to Buffalo
Funeral Procession 1901
Grace Bedell Memorial
(Images and quiz courtesy of Bren Price, BPC Board member)
IF SOCIAL DISTANCING HAS YOU ORDERING MORE THAN EVER FROM ONLINE SOURCES, PLEASE SIGN UP WITH AMAZON'S SMILE PROGRAM AND THEY WILL DONATE 0.5% OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF YOUR ELIGIBLE PRODUCTS DIRECTLY TO THE BUFFALO PRESIDENTIAL CENTER--NO COST TO YOU.