After a week of cleaning and doing only Curbside Pickup, our staff that was in quarantine for two weeks have returned and we are back to full staff. We are happy to announce that beginning Thursday, December 10, the Co-op will be open for both Curbside Pickup and in-store shopping 7 days a week, from 10 am until 6 pm. We have missed our customers and appreciated all of the warm thoughts and support from you as we handled this difficult situation.
One way you can help the Co-op stay safe and strong is to take advantage of our shopping with our Curbside Pickup option.
To do Curbside Pickup:
• Send your order via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Orders received before 8:00 a.m. will be ready for you the same day. You will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of your order.
• Please include your name, phone number, in the subject line of the e-mail.
• Keep it simple. Include substitution options and be flexible. If you don’t want substitutions for your brand or item, please indicate that as well. Let us know if you are a member so we can apply your discount.
• When your order is ready we will call you to take your credit card information. We will notify you of any items on your list that aren’t available that day.
• When you arrive, park on River Street, within walking distance of the door (if possible), and give us a call us at (734) 483-1520. Orders (in boxes labeled with your name) will be placed on the table under the blue tent for you to grab. If this isn't possible for you, please let us know and we can carry it to your trunk.
The City of Ypsilanti is not currently enforcing meters, although they may enforce the time restrictions. Remember not to park in the handicap spot in front of the Co-op unless you have a placard.
If you are in need of delivery assistance, contact the Mutual Aid Network of Ypsilanti at 734-999-0356
Some specifics about in-store shopping:
• If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, if you suspect you have been exposed to the virus, or if you are feeling even slightly ill in any other way, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE CO-OP. Instead, take advantage of our Curbside Pickup.
• Shop alone if possible
* Seniors and those with compromised immune systems can shop separately from the general public on Thursday and Saturday morning from 10-11.
• Please clean your hands before entering the store. Hand sanitizer for customers is provided at our checkout counter.
• Practice social distancing, which in our tiny store is hard, but please consider your space.
• Please limit questions to staff about particular products, pricing, and non-essential concerns. Our staff members appreciate your consideration of their time as we weather this crisis together. We may be able to call you back from the office where we have better info and time.
• Do not eat or drink while shopping.
• Customers must wear gloves when obtaining bulk items. Gloves are provided at the bulk service table.
• Avoid using our public bathroom unless it’s urgent.
If you have feedback or questions, please call the office at (734) 483-1354 and leave a message. We will continue to assess our open hours and keep you posted when we are able to expand.
Shopping local at your Co-op will help our business survive this pandemic ongoing, and take care of our staff who have worked hard to provide great food to the community. We thank you for your support and understanding!
Corinne and the YFC staff