Find the facts
Work the solutions
Thank you for coming out (almost 2 weeks ago) for dinner and hello to those who couldn't make it. As promised here is your (hopefully) comprehensive email.
- March 12th - 1 pm to 3pm Women’s Strategy Session with Ms. Watson Coleman – Located in Middlesex County. Please RSVP to BecauseWomenCan@gmail.com as space is limited.
- March 12th - Save our Healthcare Rally: Brunch at US Rep. Lance's Office
- March 15th - 10:00 a.m. “The Growing Threat of Anti-Semitism and Intolerance – Tools for Families” Livingston Public Library, 10 Robert Harp Drive in Livingston Our speakers will include Anthony Zampogna, Supervisory Special Agent, for the Civil Rights Squad at the FBI Newark Field Office and Susan Werk, Religious School Director at Congregation Agudath Israel.
- March 15th - 7:00 PM - Scotch Hills Country Club Westfield 20/20 Action Fair
- March 15th - Call for action– mail DT a postcard that publicly expresses our opposition to him – President Donald J. Trump – The White House – 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington DC 20500 – Pink postcards were available at the meeting
March 26 - Activism & Advocacy Seminar-First Congressional Church of Westfield
2 PM - 4:30 PM
125 Elmer St
Westfield, NJ 07090
"Preserving Sanity, Safety and Soul in Turbulent Times: Psychological, Legal and Spiritual Considerations for Activists and Advocates" — An Interactive Seminar
VOTER REGISTRATION DRIVE
- April 15th – Tax March - Community Unity - Voter Registration RALLY - Cedarbrook Park - Plainfield NJ 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 pm. To help organize and volunteer the day of fill out this form:
Things you can do if you’re short on time:
Join #grabyourwallet movement - https://grabyourwallet.org/
Subscribe to a newspaper
Perform acts of kindness :-)
Next steps to stay involved with our group
If interested in another issue, please add it to the tab “List of other issues”
A new tab has been created for the names/info of our NJ congressman. We need volunteers to add the contact details (phone, address, FB page, twitter handle)
We need volunteers to populate the “No Votes” tab which includes the names of the Republican Senators. Phone numbers/email/FB page/Twitter handle still missing
Speakers from Monday's Dinner
- Jessica Haines Grant Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Action Together Union County - this is a Secret group on Facebook so you have to be put in the group - you can find her on facebook and friend request her or email her:
Jessica Haines Grant
Jess is also part of Moms Demand Action (Anti Gun Violence Group). You can find them on
Facebook - state - https://www.facebook.com/MomsDemandActionNewJersey/?fref=ts
Union County is a secret group so again you'd have to ask Jess for permission
The web: http://momsdemandaction.org/
- Nicole Matos - Planned Parenthood email@example.com 908-524-7046
- Jill Segulin - Refugee Assistance Partners firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch for big things happening with this group in helping refugees in Union County and beyond. Like the facebook group - a website and email list is coming soon.
You will be able to sign up for volunteer spots helping the families out directly. Collections of needed materials. A dinner program where refugee families will cook dinner for you and friends to earn money and more.....stay tuned.
The Archdiocese of Newark is collecting items for 51 families - see needed items
- Dominick Giordano - NJEA - https://www.njea.org/
Watch this site for federal information - and stay involved at your local school board level
a. https://www.indivisibleguide.com/; website includes list of resistance activities in your area that you can sign up for
b. Robert Reich Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RBReich/
c. Sign up for Daily Action: https://dailyaction.org/
e. Senate phone number: (202) 224-6342
f. Planned Parenthood NJ: http://ppactionnj.org/ : site let you sign up for Action Alerts
g. Google Doc with contact information for Senators (to be completed) and sign-up sheet for subgroups : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LEertU8xRkODBCDXCKk1CsR8tN9paxERiWH9RfkMT2U/edit
h. The United State of Women: https://www.theunitedstateofwomen.org/
i. Action Network: https://actionnetwork.org/
j. Joining the #HereToStay Action Network to support immigrants at risk of deportation
k. Women’s March on Washington NJ chapter: https://www.womensmarch.com/new-jersey/
l. Refugee Assistance Partners: https://www.facebook.com/RAPScotchPlainsFanwood/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE
m. NJEA: http://www.njea.org/
n. International Rescue Committee: www.rescue.org; you can send out postcards to let your representatives know that you support refugees
This is another group you can sign up with :-)
We are in it to win elections. And we need you. We are in the organizing phase and some Legislative Districts are crowd-sourcing info, and planning for town halls with their candidates and incumbents.
We want YOU if you qualify for any 1 of the following:
*Got time for only a one-and-done event, like postcards.
*Can only give time during the day while the kids are at school.
*Can only give time during the weekends, maybe 2 hours.
*Don't like to socialize and would rather work behind the screen.
*Love to mix it up and get out and meet like-minded people.
*Like to collaborate with others.
*Prefer to just get the list of to-do's, thanks!
*Can commit to making 10 phone calls.
*Phone banking pro who should be paid!
*Nah, you can help set up chairs for a town hall.
*Want to meet the candidates running for office before the primaries.
*Don't have the time but would like to receive information on how the incumbents have voted in the past.
*Need the exercise and would like to go door-knocking with a fellow activist.
*Want to make a difference in our state elections.
*Total political insider with deep NJ politics knowledge.
*Total newbie and hey, what's my legislative district? http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/districts/municipalities.asp
If you, like all of us, fit any of those statements above, then you belong with us to help us win elections. All 120 people, YOUR state Senator and YOUR member of the Assembly are up for election this November! Here's how to join:
1- Register at www.WDTMPlatform.net
2 - Join your respective group, "ATNJ LD#".
So glad we have all connected and are working to keep the world a kind place.
Maggie - Lori - Sophie and you all!
p.s. feel free to share this with friends and on facebook. They can sign up for our email list on our website: https://www.peopleforaswfa.org/