I hope your holidays were full of family, friends and love.
A few months ago, after a very successful road trip, I noted feeling so blessed that I was thinking of changing the band name to “Band of Blessed Souls!”
Well if the first two weeks of the New Year are any indication then maybe I should consider the name change again.
Let’s see –
- A 2018 Blues Music Award nomination for Simmered & Stewed in the Best Emerging Artist Album Category
- The cover & feature article in Blues Blast Magazine
- A five-week tour that includes stops at some of my favorite venues in the Midwest, Midsouth and Florida
- A host of gig and showcase performances during IBC week in Memphis
- As a Delaney endorsed artist, taking delivery on a new custom built guitar
Feeling blessed is justified wouldn’t you say?
And that’s just January!
Upcoming I will be finishing my new album called “Memphis Song," for release later in the year. I will be appearing along with a host of my contemporaries on Mick Kolassa’s “Double Standards” album project, and I will be producing a new album for singer/songwriter Mary Ann “Scuff” Casale.
These blessings come with the support and encouragement of many – fans, DJs, venue and festival folks, blues societies, my booking and management team and my band mates. You are my friends and my family! Thank you and and will see you soon!