Anyone feeling a little overwhelmed (and broke) as the gift giving session is now in full swing?! This year, why not choose to mindfully spread some holiday cheer with healthy gifts that could kick start a wellness journey for your loved ones! (Bonus: a lot of these ideas/gifts won't cost you a penny!)
The Six Week Santa is here to save the day with some inspiration for acts/gifts that will be sure to jingle some bells this season. Let's break it down by The Six Week commitments that you all know and love...
Random Acts of Kindness (RAK) Gift Ideas
- Create a "12 Days of RAKs" calendar with a new RAK for each day
- Make your own holiday cards with handwritten kindness notes
- Hold a toy drive in your local community
- Gift and/or donate inspirational books that you've used on your own wellness journey
- Donate online to your favorite charity
- And my personal favorite RAK gift idea... Randomly show up to your friend, family, or neighbors house dressed like an elf and offer to help with their holiday chores (and you must dance like an elf when they answer the door ;))
Exercise Gift Ideas
- Gift a gym membership to someone for the day/week/month/year (baller)
- Either gift a personal training session or offer to train someone who needs that extra push
- Donate old exercise gear so others can get started on their own (yoga mats, weights, bikes, clothes, shoes, etc.)
- Gift fitness-related items (FitBit, water bottles, gym bags, etc.) ... new gear = new excitement to work out
Nutritional Gift Ideas
- Gift a Nutritional Consult to a loved one (feel free to ask for recommendations if needed)
- Send care packages with tons of nutritious snack items to far away friends
- Share new seasonal recipes with others to inspire healthier holiday eating
- Pay for a week/month/year of a whole food meal delivery plan for someone that you care about (Thrive Market, Blue Apron, SunBasket, HelloFresh, etc.)
- Donate or buy healthy cookbooks for others (or make your own)
- Bake, cook and/or shop (in your new Six Week fashion) for those who need a little extra nutrition help in the kitchen
Gratitude Gift Ideas
- Get your kids (or adults) to start a piggy bank for next year's holiday season. Each time anyone shares a gratitude, they get to put money in their piggy bank. Make it a contest to see who can get the most gratitudes (money) in one year.
- Copy the RAK idea and create a "12 Days of Gratitude" calendar
- Give cards of Gratitudes to everyone you care about - pass it on!
- Leave inspirational notes around the house (office) with what you are grateful for each day
Sleep Gift Ideas
- Offer to babysit so your friends and/or family members with small kids can get some much needed sleep
- Buy gifts that aid in the sleep process (lavender packs, essential oils, Chamomile Tea, sleep masks, etc.)
- Send your favorite nighttime/calming meditation for others to try at night
- Promise the kiddos if they let you sleep 7 hours each night through the holidays, they get an extra toy. (Kidding, kind of ;)) Just find a way to get your sleep this season, and gift it to others however you can!
Mindfulness Gifts Ideas
- Send a loved one to a meditation session, spa day and/or mindfulness retreat
- Inform others about meditation apps and/or pay for their monthly subscription (Calm, 10% Happier, Headspace, Insight Timer, Simple Habit. etc.)
- Buy mindfulness gifts for others, such as adult meditation coloring books
- Remind everyone that you care about to take a pause this season and be present. As always, we blink and the holidays are over, so smile and make sure to enjoy the moment!
***Be on the lookout for emails over the next few weeks on healthy holiday eating and meditations to keep the holiday stress away! Also, we will be forming a January Six Week group so stay tuned for more details regarding start dates and availability.