Released a new episode this morning: #67 - AMA #8: DNA tests, longevity genes, metformin, fasting markers, salt, inflammation, and more.
In this “Ask Me Anything” (AMA) episode, Peter answers a wide range of questions from subscribers. Bob Kaplan, Peter’s head of research, asks the questions. If you’re not a subscriber and listening on a podcast player, you’ll only be able to hear a preview of the AMA.
If you’re a subscriber, you can now listen to this full episode on your private RSS feed. You can also watch (or listen) to this full episode on our website at the AMA #8 show notes page.
Questions continue to be pulled from the AMA section on the website, and any subscriber is welcome to submit questions for future AMAs.
- Do DNA kits provide actionable info for cancer, CVD, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, nutrition, or exercise? [1:45];
- What genes increase longevity? And do those genes show up on genetic tests like 23andMe? [12:00];
- Who are some people that Peter would like to have as guests on The Drive? [15:00];
- Inflammation: Is CRP a useful marker? What can one do to reduce it? And what other inflammatory markers can I look at to gauge health? [18:30];
- What lipid test does Peter now use on his patients? What are the three best cardiovascular laboratories? [28:00];
- Metformin for longevity: What considerations should one think about before doing taking metformin for longevity purposes? [32:30];
- What is Peter’s take on salt and its role in things like high blood pressure and stomach cancer? [40:00];
- What markers does Peter find most interesting (and surprising) during his quarterly fasts? [47:30]; and
ICYMI: Based on your feedback, we are excited to announce the launch of our exclusive, members-only podcast feed. This allows subscribers to listen to every episode of The Drive without the subscriber callout, plus full episodes of our members-only AMA podcasts, and other exclusive content directly in your podcast player. Learn how to get set up with a couple of taps here: (be sure that you are logged in).
The Qualys Podcast: The Qualys showcase the best of The Drive. Episodes are short (less than ten minutes), highlighting the best questions, topics, and tactics discussed on the main podcast. New episodes are released Tuesday through Friday, and are published exclusively to our members-only (subscribers) podcast feed. Learn more here.
If you want to subscribe, click here to learn more about the benefits.
The podcast page serves as the hub for all episodes and related material.
For a list of all previous weekly emails, click here.
podcast | website | ama