Dear parents and caregivers,
It was wonderful to welcome so many Year 8 and 11 parents onto campus this week to witness performances and engage with them on students' passion projects and explorations of social action.
This year the school is enhancing our commitment to developing the global competencies of all students and these activities were valuable examples of the exceptional learning that is being driven through the myriad of programs and opportunities offered at Island School.
Our approach is research driven and based on the premise that global competencies are best mastered through:-
● Higher-order cognitive processes that reach a deep level of understanding of content and issues in a contemporary world.
● Including immersion in addressing issues that are often cross disciplinary.
● Integrating academic and personal capabilities
● Authentic, challenging and student centred activities which are designed to impact the world, locally or more widely
● Practice in a range of settings and increasingly use digital and connectivity.
Congratulations to all of the students and teachers involved in this exhibition and a special thank you to parents who were able to attend.
Our school is committed to creating rich opportunities to engage with parents. After consulting with the ISPTA executive we have decided to introduce year level luncheons for parents. The first of these luncheons for Year 13 parents is as follows:
Date: 24 February 2023
1. Sole Meuniere with Roasted Vegetables.
2. Lemongrass Chicken with Red Rice and Wok Fried Seasonal Vegetables.
3. Impossible Lasagna with Garlic Bread and Salad.
Early next week we will send parents an email including more details plus a prepay link.
Finally the ESF stakeholder survey has been released to you via the ESF App. I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your views on the schools performance so that we can identify our strengths and priorities for improvement.
Mr Stephen Loggie
Principal, Island School