Weekly Convention Digest #3 - Week of 3/19/17
Welcome to Conosaurus' weekly convention digest!
Through these emails, we hope to keep you up to date on upcoming conventions and zine fests, open exhibitor and volunteer applications, award deadlines, general convention news, and more. Much of this information is pulled from the database of our soon to be released website, Conosaurus. We will continue these emails after the site is live for those who like text-based reminders!
If you have any convention information that you'd like to see in our next newsletter, feel free to tweet at us, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
So without further ado, here's what we have to report this week --
** Signifies new entries since last week's newsletter **
Upcoming Events This Month:
- 3/25: Madison Print & Resist - Madison, WI
- 3/25: ZineMelt - Los Angeles, CA
- 3/25 - 3/26: SC Comicon - Greenville, SC
- 3/31 - 4/2: WonderCon - Anaheim, CA
- 4/1 - 4/2: Green Mountain Comic Expo - Barre, VT
- 4/1/ - 4/2: MoCCA - New York, NY
- 4/7 - 4/9: The Great Philadelphia Comic Con! - Oaks, PA
- 4/7 - 4/9 - Wizard World St. Louis - St. Louis, MO
- 4/7 - 4/9 - Steel City Con - Monroeville, PA
- 4/8: Bloomington Zine Fest - Bloomington, IN
- 4/8: Camden Comic Con - Camden, NJ
- 4/8 - 4/9: Marble City Comicon - Knoxville, TN
- 4/8 - 4/9: Cherry City Comic Con - Salem, OR
- ** 4/9: Pittsburgh Indy Comix Expo - Pittsburgh, PA **
- ** 4/14 - 4/16: Supercon Retro - Miami, FL **
- ** 4/14 - 4/16: Indiana Comic Con - Indianapolis, IN **
- 4/8: Bloomington Zine Fest - Bloomington, IN - Apply by April 1
- 4/29: Malone Comic Con - Malone, NY
- **5/25 - 5/28: Phoenix Comicon - Phoenix, AZ**
- 5/13: Chattanooga Zine Fest - Chattanooga, TN - Apply by April 13
- 5/20: East LA Comic Con - Los Angeles, CA
- 6/3: Olympia Comics Festival - Olympia, WA - Apply by May 17
- ** 6/17: Bay Area Queer Zine Fest - Oakland, CA **
- 6/23 - 6/25: Amazing Comic Con Las Vegas - Las Vegas, NV
- ** 6/24 - 6/25: ID1OT FEST - Mountain View, CA **
- ** 7/15: DC Zinefest - Washington, DC **
- ** 7/15: Great Lakes Comic Expo - Washington, MI **
- ** 7/22 - 7/23: Portland Zine Symposium - Portland, OR - Apply by March 26 **
- 8/24 - 8/27: Vermont Comic Con - Burlington, VT
- 9/30 - 10/1: GeekGirlCon - Seattle, WA - Apply by April 30
- 9/30 - 10/1: Cartoon Crossroads Columbus (CXC) - Columbus, OH - Apply by March 31
- 10/21 - 10/22: Massachusetts Independent Comics Expo (MICE) - Cambridge, MA - Apply by March 31
- 6/11: Kids Con New England is looking for help to run family friendly workshops and panels! If interested, email them at email@example.com with your panel or workshop ideas. - Nashua, NH
- 9/30 - 10/1: GeekGirlCon is taking submissions for panels, workshops, events, and moderators. - Seattle, WA - Apply here by April 30th.
- 8/19 - 8/20: Flame Con is currently taking proposals for panels. - Brooklyn, NY - Apply by May 15
- 5/12 - 5/14: Comicpalooza is currently taking panel submissions. - Houston, TX
- ** 9/22 - 9/24: Cincinnati Comic Expo's workshop and panel submissions are open! - Cincinnati, OH - Apply by June 16 **
- Queers & Comics is running a travel fund campaign to help bring 27 creators from all over the world to San Francisco for the second biennial Queers & Comics conference. Click here to help them out.
- Short Run's Lady Comics & Books Residency is accepting applications! Apply here.
- GeekGirlCon has open staff positions (non-paid, volunteer) in Operations and Programming. Apply here.
- ** DC Zinefest is offering a new grant to help elevate the voices of people that are often marginalized in the zine community. Eight grants will be awarded and each winner receives $50 and a quarter table at the fest. For more details on this grant, click here. | Apply to DC Zinefest here. **
- **Short Run's DASH Grant application is now open! The winner receives $250 to complete and premiere their comic at the festival, mentorship by a special guest, access and instruction by local screenprint shop Fogland Studios, a free half table at the festival, and a spot in their annual gallery show. Apply here. **
- **The Small Press Expo's Ignatz Awards are now taking submissions until May 31st! The publishing date of the books must be between June 1 of the previous ballot year and May 31 of the current ballot year. Click here for more info.**
Keep in touch:
Like what we do?
Share us with your friends or consider becoming a patron on Patreon to help keep Conosaurus running. ❤️️