- Events from the last week in the space industry
- A look ahead on the calendar of the space industry
- *This week's feature article*
- Links of Note
This week in the space industry:
- Bridentstine worried about budget pressures on NASA - Musk hints at further changes to BFR design - Antares launches Cygnus cargo spacecraft to ISS. - Advisory group skeptical of NASA lunar exploration plans.
Coming up in the space industry:
- Space Com 2018-Nov 27 - Apollo 8 50th Anniversary Celebration-Dec 2 - Space Resiliency Summit-Dec 4. - ISS 57-S Launch-Dec 3-6: 31 am ET
Paying it Back
Last week I returned home a day earlier than I normally do for Thanksgiving, Last Friday I spent the day with members of “The Mars Generation” a fifth-grade class at an elementary school in Dallas. The visit was the result of a collaboration between me and a teacher who happened to be on my team this past summer. In that one day the dreams of many future explorers were launched. This generation really needs exposure to people like us to inspire this generation. Back when I was growing up my heroes were Astronauts; todays generation does not see today’s astronauts as much as we did when we grew up. Think about it, one day or even one afternoon can change the lives of many, and there is very little if any cost involved.
Reach out to a local school in your area, send out some employees to talk about their careers and how they were inspired growing up, the children of today will be sitting in your seats in the next 20 years, let’s get them excited about their future, a future that will see one of them walk on the surface of Mars, it’s our chance to pay it back.