This year's theme, Connecting Communities, Business, and Educators for Resiliency Solutions, will highlight the resiliency programs developed under Governor McAuliffe's administration. It will also bring together participants from local and national businesses and representatives from higher education, governments, and community organizations to:
- Explore resiliency rationales for their organizations;
- Learn resiliency processes that benefit the public and private sector;
- Highlight innovative businesses and technologies;
- Develop an understanding of the priorities for different regions of the state;
- Take away tools that can be used for resiliency planning in their own communities.
The 2017 Resilient Virginia Conference will build on the first conference, held in March 2016, to widen the representation from both the public and private sectors and to broaden the capacity to engage in resiliency planning.
In addition to VDEM, Resilient Virginia organizers will partner with other resiliency-related state agencies, as well as businesses, universities, and community organizations.
Plan to attend to gain insights, network, and join colleagues in working toward a resilient future! For more information and registration: www.resilientvirginia.org