(This is not an exhaustive list, please contact our office if you have any questions)
17- Swine Showmanship Clinic, CLAY COUNTY
21- Hippology, 6pm Kozland Farm
21- Horse Program Participant Meeting, 5:30-6pm Kozland Farm
23- Club Leader Training, 6pm Callahan
20 - Hog & Ham workshop
30 - 4-H Day at Capitol
4- Hippology, Barn
6- County Council, 5pm
18- Hippology, Office
18- County Events Registrations Open
22- Horse Riding Clinic, Appy Acres (more information coming)
25- Association Meeting, 10am Callahan
2- County Events Registrations Close
2- Cherry Lake Counselor Applications OPEN
5- County Council, 5pm
11- Overall Advisory, 11 am, Yulee
13- County Events, Callahan 6pm
16- Summer Camps Announced, registrations open!
14- Animal Science Series Clinic (more information coming)
TBD- Green Acres Equine Event (more information coming)
23- District Council, 6pm, Callahan
24- Hippology, Barn End of the Year Party
31- 4/2- Hippology State Contest Prep
31- HORSE Record books due (if showing)
3- Cherry Lake Counselor Applications DUE
4-5- Hippology State Contest
11- Horse Clinic, Appy Acres with Jennifer Woodruff
4-H of the Month!
County Building rentals for club meetings or events are now going through the Nassau County Facilities Maintenance Department.
To schedule a building contact 904-530-6120.
Summer Camps Will Be Announced Soon!
Horse Program Information
- If you have signed up to ride this year, here's your dates and info!
- Rule books are in! Pick up a hard copy or find it digitally HERE
- There is NO Winter Wonderland this year. Clay County was having some conflicts with the location. As a courtesy for them always allowing us to join, we have opened up our clinics to them.
- We are going to COMBINE the 1/21 Hippology and what would be our usual Start of the Year Meeting. This will run from 5:30-6, right before class.
- We'll establish goals, dates, mentor matching, and so on.
- Everyone who is in the riding program should attend! (even if you are not in hippology)
- This saves us all from another night meeting :)
- Save the Date! Clinics with the Awesome Jennifer Woodruff scheduled for 2/22 and 4/11. They will be $45 each.
- We are trying to figure out some logistics of hosting a COUNTY LEVEL horse show! Woo Hoo! The potential date is 4/25...if we can make all the pieces come together. Stay Tuned!
- LINKS THAT YOU NEED
- Bits! See the official LEGAL bits HERE. For county only events, more lenient policy exists.
- Horsemanship Schools (English, Western, and Cowboy Camp)
- Hippology is the study of horses. That's right, a place just to geek out over equines! We will cover a myriad of topics including anatomy, physiology, behavior, equipment, management, and training.
- Hippology is designed for youth ages 10+ and offers a state competition for youth ages 11 and up. Our meetings are mixed between classroom learning and hands-on lessons with our partnership barns, Appy Acres LLC & Kozland Farm.
- Our next meeting is January 21, 6 pm at Kozland Farm
- State Contest April 4-5, Gainesville
- For more information about this program, contact Ms. Kelsey at 904-530-6354 or firstname.lastname@example.org!
Embryology Eggs Needed!
- Got eggs?
- If you are able to donate any fertile chicken eggs to the program, please contact Ms. Kelsey. Any amount that you are able to donate would be greatly appreciated!
- For more information about the embryology program, contact Ms. Kelsey at 904-530-6354 or email@example.com.
Swine Showmanship Clinic
- Next Meeting January 9th @ 5 pm at the Callahan Extension Office!
- We will be coving District Council ideas for when we host in March, the spaghetti dinner fundraiser in May, and plans for a spring funshop!
What is County Council?
- A group that represents the entire 4-H program and provides a link between community clubs
- A chance for teens to exercise their leadership abilities and provide input to the county program
- A club focused on leadership, communication, citizenship, and community service
- County Council is open to youth ages 11-18 to grow their leadership skills. County Council is a very active club that helps organize many of the county's events as well as teach officer training.
Host a Japanese Exchange Student
Teach The Agent
- Interested in hosting a Japanese Exchange student this summer?
- Japanese students will live with their host families July 21st to August 21st and will have the opportunity to improve their English language skills while immersing themselves in American culture.
- This is a phenomenal opportunity for families to build lifelong international friendships while exposing their own children to a new culture and way of seeing the world.
- You can host a youth between the ages of 12-18.
- Please contact Ted Karsch firstname.lastname@example.org to attend an informational meeting of ask any questions.
- Ms. Kelsey & Mr. Ted are knowledgeable about many things, but there are lots of 4-H'ers that know about topics we aren't! We are offering up a fair point opportunity to youth who can teach our agents about something.
- The Teach the Agent sessions will need to be scheduled in advance and should last 5-15 minutes. Depending on the topic we can come to you!
Project & Record Books
- Need a project or record book? Call or swing by our office to pick yours up!
- Only Full members can receive books
- Remember, only 1 project book can be given out at a time but you can have multiple record books
- Always due June 1st to the office WITH the completed reports
- Cloverbud Report
- Junior Report
- Intermediate Report
- Senior Report
CLUB MEETING DATES
Callahan Country Kids: 12/2, 1/6, 2/10 at 7 PM- Extension Office
Town & Country:
Barnyard & Beyond: Dec 16
Hilliard Back 40: 2nd Monday every month, locations vary please contact leaders
4-H Shooting Stars:
Next Generation: Jan 13, Feb 10, March 9, April 13 and May 11 all at 4:30
Young Riders: January 26, 3 pm 45774 Bismark Rd
Sunshine Crew: 2nd Tuesday of the month @ the fairgrounds 6:30 pm
Zooming In Photography: Dec 20