(This is not an exhaustive list, please contact our office if you have any questions)
23- Club Leader Training, 6pm Callahan
20 - Hog & Ham workshop
30 - 4-H Day at Capitol
4- Hippology, Barn, 6pm
10- County Council, 5pm
18- Hippology, Office, 5:30
18- County Events Registrations Open
22- Horse Riding Clinic, Appy Acres
25- Association Meeting, 10am Callahan
2- County Events Registrations Close
2- Cherry Lake Counselor Applications OPEN
9- County Council, 5pm
11- Overall Advisory, 11 am, Yulee
12- Area North Registrations Open
13- County Events, Callahan 6pm
16- Summer Camps Announced, registrations open!
14- Animal Science Series Clinic (more information coming)
23- District Council, 6pm, Callahan
24- Hippology, Barn End of the Year Party
31- 4/2- Hippology State Contest Prep
31- HORSE Record books due (if showing)
3- Cherry Lake Counselor Applications DUE
4-5- Hippology State Contest
7- Area North Registration Closes
11- Horse Clinic, Appy Acres with Jennifer Woodruff
13- County Council, 5pm
30- Horse Show Prep Night/Educational Display
8-9- Area North Horse Show, Clay County
4-H of the Month!
County Building rentals for club meetings or events are now going through the Nassau County Facilities Maintenance Department.
To schedule a building contact 904-530-6120.
Summer Camps Will Be Announced Soon!
Horse Program Information
- If you have signed up to ride this year, here's your dates and info!
- Rule books are in! Pick up a hard copy or find it digitally HERE
- Help us choose our Tack Cleaning Fundraiser Date by Voting HERE
- IF you missed the annual meeting, please schedule a time with Ms. Kelsey to go over the details for this year. Your youth must also establish a program goal and fill out 2 questions for group matching.
- Save the Date! Clinics with the Awesome Jennifer Woodruff scheduled for 2/22 and 4/11. They will be $45 each.
Registration Open Now!
- We are trying to figure out some logistics of hosting a COUNTY LEVEL horse show! Woo Hoo! The potential date is 4/25...if we can make all the pieces come together. Stay Tuned!
- LINKS THAT YOU NEED
- Bits! See the official LEGAL bits HERE. For county only events, more lenient policy exists.
- Horsemanship Schools (English, Western, and Cowboy Camp)
- Hippology is the study of horses. That's right, a place just to geek out over equines! We will cover a myriad of topics including anatomy, physiology, behavior, equipment, management, and training.
- Hippology is designed for youth ages 10+ and offers a state competition for youth ages 11 and up. Our meetings are mixed between classroom learning and hands-on lessons with our partnership barns, Appy Acres LLC & Kozland Farm.
- Our next meeting is FEB 4, 6 pm at Kozland Farm, we are having a Vet guest speaker!
- State Contest April 4-5, Gainesville
- For more information about this program, contact Ms. Kelsey at 904-530-6354 or email@example.com!
Embryology Eggs Needed!
- Got eggs?
- If you are able to donate any fertile chicken eggs to the program, please contact Ms. Kelsey. Any amount that you are able to donate would be greatly appreciated!
- For more information about the embryology program, contact Ms. Kelsey at 904-530-6354 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring Animal Science Series
- We are starting the motions to host a by species series for all our animal science friends including:
- These educational sessions will help youth learn about animal selection, husbandry, showing, and nutrition.
- Each session will conclude with a mini skill-a-thon, with a potential for an overall contest.
- Dates TBD but will be hosted on Saturdays
Project & Record Books
- Need a project or record book? Call or swing by our office to pick yours up!
- Only Full members can receive books
- Remember, only 1 project book can be given out at a time but you can have multiple record books
- Always due June 1st to the office WITH the completed reports
- Cloverbud Report
- Junior Report
- Intermediate Report
- Senior Report
CLUB MEETING DATES
Callahan Country Kids: 12/2, 1/6, 2/10 at 7 PM- Extension Office
Town & Country:
Barnyard & Beyond: Dec 16
Hilliard Back 40: 2nd Monday every month, locations vary please contact leaders
4-H Shooting Stars:
Next Generation: Jan 13, Feb 10, March 9, April 13 and May 11 all at 4:30
Young Riders: January 26, 3 pm 45774 Bismark Rd
Sunshine Crew: 2nd Tuesday of the month @ the fairgrounds 6:30 pm
Zooming In Photography: Dec 20